Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Red Planet

Author Topic: Red Planet
The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is probably old news for the Yanks here but what did you think of the film (movie) Red Planet?
I thought it was one of the best sci-fi films I've ever seen.

It had one or two flaws, the close proximity of the mars landing to both the Pathfinder and the old Russian probe, and the compatibility of the technologies of these craft, but I have to say that in general the attention to detail was superb, the reverse stabilising thrusters on the spacecraft, the venting of the air on the Mars I ship causing its orbit to decay, Carrie-Ann Moss's nipples showing through her white cotton vest.....

------------------
"Baby. The other, other white meat." Fat Bastard.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you need to see more science fiction films.

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a gal I know wanted to see it so I agreed to go with her, but it open and closed in my town in only two weeks!
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got to see it about 2 weeks after it came out. A few things about it was stupid. Killing off those people like as if it were a horror film, saying that the only thing that can save Earth is a bug and has to be saved no matter what.

------------------
Predict the unpredictable, but how do you unpredict the unpredictable?

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, not particularly smart bringing those things back to Earth, considering that they eat people...

------------------
"The only good thing about this film is the edible chocolate roaches they gave out. Mmm, mmm... Wait a minute, edible roaches don't crawl. Edible roaches don't crawl!"

- Jay Sherman, The Critic.

[This message has been edited by Krenim (edited December 08, 2000).]

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not had the chance to see it, but I heard it sucked bad.

------------------
Three important questions to ask an alien before having sex:
(1) Are you carrying any diseases which might be communicable to humans?
(2) Have you had sex with any high-risk partners in the past six months?
(3) Which one is your mouth?

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited December 18, 2000).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps