Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Lone Gunmen

Author Topic: Lone Gunmen
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WEll, it looks like the Lone Gunmen series (the X-Files spin-off) will begin soon.

Any comments on this?

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are so geeky. Especially the blonde "Van Halen"-guy. No thanks...

Have you yanks gotten to see Robert Patrick yet, is he good? I think he's a bit typecast, with the hissing, "trust-no-one", leatherneck attitude.
We know he'll be knocked out from behind and thrown in a trunk at least twice per season... They never learn.

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He doesn't buy any of the 'paranormal crap' - I just saw last week's ep (in Australia) the one where the guy is going backwards through time... a good episode - and it was mostly Doggett... he was being the 'FBI' guy... Interesting.

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lone Gunmen is ok, but it's like the X-Files for kids. I do like "Eve" though. Very sexy.

It simply seems impossible for me to believe, though, that 3 geeks like this could get involved in government cover-up crap every week and not have a sniper pay a visit to their garage. I mean, Hell, they'd have been dead along time ago...

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdul Abubul Amir."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in all fairness, it's not ALWAYS a government conspiracy...

In fact, out of four conspiracies so far, one was in the DoD, one was from some non-existant former Soviet republic, one was big oil, and one was a couple Germans.

Oh, and her name's spelled "Yves".

------------------
"Omega is right."
-Jeff Karrde, March 18, 2001 08:47 PM

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BEGINS soon? It began a few weeks ago.

I don't care for it much -- but then, I've never been a big X-Files fan. I got tossed out of the theater for laughing so hard during the movie (that was not Montgomery County!).

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got it from an older article. I didn't know it was already running.

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right. Doesn't her name spell out Lee Harvey Oswald when you rearrange the letters? It's obviously an alias. It says "Unknown I.D." on her computer readout during the credits.

------------------
Was Abdul Abubul Amir."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It isn't a bad show. It's pretty fun at times. The one problem I do have with it is...well, a little hard to relate.

When The X-Files started, it presented a world full of possible monsters and dark secrets and what have you. And it was good. As the show progressed, more and more of those monsters and secrets became real. As the show stands now, we know for a fact that there are aliens trying to take over the world.

To me, once you do that, you have an obligation to follow up on it. The Lone Gunmen are searching for threats to life, liberty, etc, but in the universe they're in we already know what those threats are.

Does that make any sense?

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited March 19, 2001).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Sol: That makes an ungodly amount of sense. In fact, I think you hit my feelings exactly. It's hard to get into a car that runs on water when you know that Scully is out there being chased around by an alien that's trying to make us all slaves.

Or something.

------------------
Was Abdul Abubul Amir."

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol's right. If this show had been on when all the evil, neato stuff on the X-Files, it would rock hard.

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Well, I was wondering how long the show would go before making reference to the X-Files... One of the guys mentioned a "friend in the FBI" in this week's episode.

Yves is HOT!

------------------
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps