Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Wondered, I always have... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wondered, I always have...
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
cept FMD cost much more $$ to make. We wont see it till its a little cheaper. Probably in 30 or 40 years.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
I don't like Wesley Crusher.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matrix, you could not possibly be more misinformed. There's a reason more money goes in and out of console games then computer games.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
I don't like Wesley Crusher.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The death of the DreamCast has been, I am told, "greatly exaggerated". At least their homepage says so...

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pok�mon games on the N64:

Pok�mon Stadium,
Pok�mon Stadium 2,
Picachu Genki Decku
- the one with the microphone, and
Pok�mon Snap.

Hmm. Four.
That's a lot. We've nine games at home, and none of them are Pok�mon related.

Sort your rants out before you waste anyone else's time, Matrix.

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

[This message has been edited by Gaseous Anomaly (edited March 28, 2001).]

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a very, very simple reason why console games make more money than PC games.

Everyone pirates PC games, there are much fewer people that pirate console games(well if you exclude emulators ;D)

And btw, PC games are way, way, way better. Because consoles use inferior old technology. Computers use Windows to kind of even it out, but people that use a non Msoft OS have a clear advantage over consoles.

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't mean that HALF of all the games were Pokemon but half od the money made is Pokemon related. Let me ask you this how long was it when the first Playstation was out? How long was Dreamcast was out before it became behind even N-64? How long did Nintendo wait before making the Super NES then N-64?

N-64 is still popular because the games they make are fairly good, I'm not saying that PS and PS2 are not good either, its just that Nintendo has a reputation in the console business. Gamecube or whatever it called is being developed because of two reasons: 1. increased pressure from Dreamcast and PS2. 2. Make more money.

------------------
Signature for sale! For a mere price of $20 per letter you get this wonderful little space to say your own things. Get it now while there's still space!

-All you base belong to infinity. -infinity11

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh, Businesses! Wanting to make money! Who would have thought?

*is disgusted as this apparent new form of capitalism*

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Despite Nimrod's kindly attempt to keep this thread on topic, it seems as though we've somehow wandered into the realm of video game economics. While an interesting topic in and of itself, it doesn't really qualify as a sci-fi topic, and therefore (after much pondering), I've decided to close this thread. Should you wish to continue discussing the economics of the video game industry, please do so in the Officers' Lounge (or, should you think it a volatile enough topic, the Flameboard ).

------------------
"The Long Kiss Goodnight begins, more or less, with Geena Davis being kicked in the head by a deer. This was the high point of the film."

- Sol System, 2/24/01

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps