Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » What are your 5 most fav sci-fi non-ST, -SW, -B5 ship/vehicle? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What are your 5 most fav sci-fi non-ST, -SW, -B5 ship/vehicle?
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too *gasp* many...

The Yamato
The Andromeda
The Arcadia
The troopships from ID4
The VF-1S Valkyrie [Strike augmentation]
The VF-2SS Valkyrie II {Strike augmentation]
The Gunstar
The Colonial Battlestar
The EDF fighters from Buck Rogers
The Pan-Am spaceplane from 2001
The Event Horizon
The Galaxy Rangers' interceptors
The Sulaco
The Cygnus from The Black Hole
That liquid metal spaceship from Flight of the Navigator...

Don't ask me to choose five out of that list. I narrowed it down as far as I could already.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Space: Above and Beyonf ships?!? What kind of sick monster are you?!?
IP: Logged
Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In no particular order:

NSEA Protector - Galaxy Quest
A nice blend of ship and aircraft.
USS Saratoga - Space: Above And Beyond
Big, clunky, gets the job done. A bit like the Omega class destroyer.
USS Sulaco - Aliens
Ditto.
The Nomes' Ship - Wings
The idea of a big, black disc just appeals to me.

And I'm sorry, but a fifth evades me.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Veritech Valkerie VF-1S - Robotech
Jolly rodgers on the hood. Roy rulz. Rick's a whiner.

2. The Cygnus - The Black Hole
Looks like a haunted house in space.

3. Andromeda - Starblazers
Lock stock and two smoking barrels of wave motion fun.

4. Black Lion - Voltron
The toy looked dumpy, but the lion looked great on TV.

5. Sea Quest DSV - Sea Quest DSV
That is one big mutha.

[ June 16, 2001: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two reason why the SeaQuest wouldn't count for me is A) it's not a space vehicle but a submarine (maybe its counts, I dunno), and B) I personally never really got a good look at it, as every time I seemed to watch the show it was a murky, low detail squid-like thing in the far distance. I could never make out what it looked like in the big picture.

But my non Trek five could, off the top of my head be (in no real specific order):

1 Battlestar Galactica
2 The Antarian spaceship from 'Cocoon'
3 Apophis' starship from 'Stargate SG1'
4 Those ID4 city destroyers
5 The Rodger Young from Starship troopers

I also really loved that huge UFO from Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to dislike the design of the SeaQuest, but then, in one episode, they watched a 3d model representation of the SeaQuest, spinning it around and so. I had videotaped it so I could go back and forth to watch the design.

In another episode she was facing a real no-win situation, and they employed some sort of JetStream superdrive, only allowed in emergencies and very dangerous to the ship structure.
Some exhausts shifted position, four hatches opened in the stern and away she went! That was a cool manouvre.

Xumucane: I just watched the RoboTech episode where Rick stands next to the repaired Skull-1, "Paradise Lost", I think. Got some nice view up-close, she's a real beauty.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod: Ooooh! Yeah, I'm anxiously awaiting the Macross/Robotech DVD release. *drools* The creators seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time on the actual engineering of most of the veritechs. Maybe it's because they knew they'd be toys, but they are super cool. It's kind of ridiculous.

Red: As for the Sea Quest, I know they never really showed a lot of detail on it. I just thought it was great that they used such an organic shape and that the thing was so freakin' big! I dunno if anyone saw the first episode of Seaquest 2032 with the boat lying in the cornfield, but I thought that was pretty durned cool.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, it would be the following:

5. The Sagittarius: Ha! I'm sure nobody has ever seen this one. It was and old green rocket ship from a kids anime called in French "Les aventuriers de l'espace". I mean, dispite the fact it was an old rocket rustbucket, it was still cool!

4. The Arrow (Wing Commander 3): I've never played the game, but that ship as a VERY cool design, all sleak with fins on top and bottom.

3. Practice plane (Wings of Honneyamise): I don't know why, but that blue plane would just look gorgeous in real life, with the rotors on the tail and the very compact frame.

2. YF-19 (Macross Plus): It's the best Macross design in my opinion. There's nothing more to say.

1. Swordfish II & Redtail (Cowboy Bebop): Both of these ships, belonging to Spike and Fay respectively, have striking design and lots of firepower!

IP: Logged
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm
1) Discovery (2001)
2) Terran Battlecruiser (Starcraft)
3) Sulaco (Aliens)
4) Terran Wraith (Starcraft)
5) Can't think of one

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Andromeda Ascendant (Andromeda)
Those Nietzschean ships (Andromeda)
The Balance of Judgment (Andromeda)
Discovery (2001)
The Mars ships (Mission To Mars)

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and, the Drej mothership from Titan A.E.. And the Drej fighters. And that other ships (not the Titan, not the Phoenix, the other one )

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do video games count? cause i really like the Dralthi from the original Wing Commander. not the movie, movie was dumb.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also like the ships from Descent Freespace, And the Crusher from the old NES game GAlaxy 5000, although not a true space ship it is a vehicle.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- Andromeda (Andromeda)
- Yamato (Starship Troopers, the newer ship in the very end of the movie)
- Nebuchadnezzar (Matrix)
- Sulaco (Aliens)
- The O'Niel (Advanced Asgaurd ship from the Stargate SG-1 season 4 premiere)
- Mars 2 (Mission to Mars)

[ June 29, 2001: Message edited by: Wes1701E ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps