Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » What are the WORST sci-fi movies ever? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: What are the WORST sci-fi movies ever?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang on:

"Please people! Don't point out the one obvious bad sci-fi movie! (Star Trek V: Shatner's Ego Trip)"

And later:

"oh yeh, 'Star Trek V: The Final Frontier' (you didn't say no Trek)"

Nice to see people read nowadays.

And you may slag off STV for not making any sense, but He-Man rarely made sense either. It was still entertaining. And I'd rather watch STV than TMP. One's awful and fun. The other's slow and boring.

"All anime/pokemon style shit ever made

(sorry anime fans, I just hate cartoons that try to be serious. They have as much credibility as Tom and Jerry)"

To you.
I'm not getting into this, but...that statement is wrong on so many levels. You are basically saying that all serious cartoons are shit, because they're serious? Even American ones? Stunning logic there.

Besides, you kinda ruined your own argument when you called Pokemon "serious". Pokemon isn't serious. It's about cute little animals beating the shit out of each other, while repeating their own names over and over. It's completely mad.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes. When it comes to cock fights involving pokemon, collateral damage is assured. LOL. Hey! Why the hell are pokemon cock fights legal while chickens aren't allowed to kill each other in a box?
IP: Logged
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my how times come and go....

Plan 9 from Outer Space (1958) (and just about anything else from Ed Wood)
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)

That great entity known as the Internet Movie Database lists the bottom 10 Sci Fi movies thusly:

Bottom 10 Sci-Fi movies

10 Yusei oji (Invaders From Space) (1959) 1.6/10 (191 votes)
9 Monster a-Go Go (1965) 1.6/10 (185 votes)
8 L'Uomo puma (The Puma Man) (1980) 1.6/10 (359 votes)
7 Space Mutiny (1988) 1.5/10 (643 votes)
6 Eye Creatures, The (1965) 1.5/10 (191 votes)
5 Los Nuevos extraterrestres (Extra Terrestrial Visitors AKA The Pod People) 1.5/10 (290 votes)
4 Future War (1995) 1.5/10 (501 votes)
3 Uchu Kaisoku-sen (Invasion from a Planet AKA Invasion of the Neptune Men) 1.5/10 (155 votes)
2 Zaat (1972) 1.4/10 (214 votes)
1 Hobgoblins (1987) 1.4/10 (815 votes)

[ July 01, 2001: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh phoey... now I HAVE to watch Hobgoblins!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MIB hated Cube? Oh, you're gonna pay for that...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Pod People was much worse than Hobgoblins, actually.

"Trumpy, you can do magic!"

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PsyLiam, I meant the statement regarding anime as tongue-in-cheek in all honesty. No, I don't like it, I just think it's all too far fetched and pretentious. That's my taste though, I mean no offence to anyone who enjoys the genre. I have nothing against caroons or sci-fi cartoons, if they're good and compelling I'd enjoy them for what they are. Does anyone remember that really cool cartoon series from years ago called 'Ulysses 31'? Now that I recall fondly.

Oh, and one other thing, I like TMP, simply because I was so delighted at the time that there was a Star Trek movie, so much so that I ignored how poor it really was. That's stuck in my subconscious, and every time I watch it now it's like seeing it for the first time; seeing old friends return.

So strangley I prefer TMP over all other 'poor' odd numbered movies, ie in reference to how much 'personal' enjoyment I take out of the film.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ulysees, Ulysees. Searching through all the galaxies. *somthing* truth, flying into the night.

That one?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes yes!! That's the one. I liked that show! I can't remember the exact plot, but it seems similar to Andromeda. ie, a guy and his estranged crew go in hunt of his lost civilization or something. I just can't remember, it must be 20 years ago now. I'm still waiting for reruns on the Sci-fi Channel (UK Cable) or the cartoon network or something

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is nothing wrong with anime, not the less serious ones at least.

And the Amerian version of Godzilla did stink, story wise. The visuals were nice though.

What's wrong with Independence Day? Weren't you glad to see the White House go boom? Besides, Mars Attacks was worse.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Matrix was one of the best sci-fi movies ever made. Mars Attacks was at least funny. Star Wars TPM would be great without Jar Jar. ID4 had very good special effects, but not writing (Would a president say, "Sure! I'll go up and blow the bleeping aliens to Hell myself!) And Insurrection sucked. The Lost World was OK too, just a little tired. Those are my opinions. A bad sci-fi movie? Virus, Starship Troopers, and a lot of others.

--------------------
Meh

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobgoblins. I have that on tape! What I mean is that I have the MST3K episode with hobgolins in it on tape. Did anyone ever figure out what that crappy band was singing at Club Scum?

Ice pickers?
Pack tickers?
Lick shitters?
Wheat crackers?

My head is startig to hurt.

Something tells my that everyone involved in that movie are probably working at either Wendy's, Burger King, or McDonalds today......

IP: Logged
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tron
Mars Attacks (FROMAGE!)
Universal Soldiers
Moontrap (Sadly a Walter Koenig Film)
12 monkeys
5th Element
Batman II thru however long they're gonna drag it out.
Tremors (all of them)
Highlander II +
The Mummy Movies

Movies that should not be there:

Matrix
ID4

These are classics.

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah, I'm sick of mummy bashing. does anyone actually watch those movies for the plot? What they do good is action. And that's why I watch it. Not for no damn history lesson. bah.

Mindless action, a misunderstood genre.
same with ID4, plot and acting wise-p.u.
but action. Rock on!

of course you still CAN screw up a mindless action movie. godzilla for one. don't know why, but alcohol is the only thing that gets me through that one.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I thought the Mummy (while being creative with history) was a very good movie in terms of story, pacing, etc.

However, the sequel was horrible. Completely, 100% unwatchable. Ick. Ugh. Selma!

Bad popcorn movies do a Liam riot make.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps