Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » My brother and I just saw Starship Troopers last night. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My brother and I just saw Starship Troopers last night.
Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the story goes, Verhoven was traumatized by WW II or something and now all his movies are graphic, but SST was a satire of Nazistic parties or something. If you look at it as a satire, it works better. Even satires can have serious scenes too in any event.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, how serious can a scene be with Denise Richards naked? Or how about that shower scene?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a side note, Denise Richards doesn't actually appear naked in the movie. ironic huh. actually she apparently got into a big argument with verhoeven over a nude scene that she felt was...get this, gratuitous. heehee. too bad. i guess there's always wild things.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps