Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Did anyone see that new show called Night Visions or something like that?

Author Topic: Did anyone see that new show called Night Visions or something like that?
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It premiered at 9 PM est. The stories bugged me in all honesty.

$$$$$$$$SPOILER ALERT$$$$$$$$

The first story involved a Cube in the middle of the desert that was the gateway to a parallel Earth that was populated by pointy teethed, gigantic jawed, flesh eating humans that were anything but pleasent despite what you may think from your very first observations of these people.

The way they tore that one army guy apart and ate him alive just really bugs me. His son just died!! He was supposed to go through some situation that, in the end, would make him feel better about the passing of his son! He wasn't supposed to get torn apart via the most brutal means possible!! I guess that is typical of FOX though.

I'd rather not get into the second story. It's not that it was worse than the first one, it's just that it's 15 minutes to 2 AM here and I'm too lazy to write anything more.

IP: Logged
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only saw the last 3/4 of the "vampire" show.

For television, I thought it was outstanding.

Not the effects (run-of-the-mill compyter FX), but the concept and execution/directing.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

MIB
Ex-Member

Well. I wasn't saying the story or the concept was bad, I'm just saying that the concept bugged me. It was.......wierd. I'm not making sense to myself anymore so I'll just stop.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, so it's called Night Visions not Nightmares. I really got sick when I saw that show...so after 30 minutes I just watched a rerun of Queer As Folk.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

MIB
Ex-Member

Yeah. The show was kind of like a nightmare you would get when you fall asleep after a bad acid trip.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps