Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Unbreakable (spoilers) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Unbreakable (spoilers)
Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoilers beware
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
Read at your own risk, Shik.This is kind of sci-fi anyway I recently rented it and enjoyed it. It did take me a while to see how Samuel L. Jackson could of been the arch enemy. I believe The Sixth Sense was better.

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: Dr Phlox ]

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: Aethelwer ]

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: Dr Phlox ]

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The music was great. The constant grainyness of the film was a nice touch, especially as it cleared up at the end. I related to Bruse Willis' abilities because...well...I have them as well.

By the was, scrot boy, some people may not have seen the film & you've effectively ruined the ending for them with no spoiler warnings. Good job, mong.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope that was sarcasm, Shik. I really do. Only a complete fool can not notice those spoilers there.
I saw it a few weeks ago, and enjoyed it, too. The train station scene music was excellent, and the ending was very surprising. The Sixth Sense was better, but M. Night Shamylan is a very talented person.

--------------------
Meh

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Problem solved, anyway.
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. He added those spoiler warnings there after Shik posted. My bad.
(But if there is a movie being talked about you haven't seen, then don't click on it.)

--------------------
Meh

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Unbreakable was excellent. However, unlike the majority of people I know, I didn't think much of The Sixth Sense, although I appreciated the ability of the director to build tension. It must have been the first film in years to genuinely give me a fright.

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I enjoyed it, I didn't think that Unbreakable rose to the level he Night proved capable of achieving in 6th Sense.

Frankly, except for the 'surprise' ending (and if he keeps doing these, people are going to call him a micro-genre - I found everything about the movie rather pedestrian.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been called the best movie with the worst ending. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

Night planned to do two sequels to Unbreakable. Mel Gibson will be the star in Nights next film Signs.

--------------------

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best part imho is that all his movies are in Philadelphia/suburbs where i until very recently lived for 20 years. its just nice to see a movie not take place in new york or chicago again.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Veers. A little common sense should tell a person that there would be spoilers without having to actually spell it out for them.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then again, people might not realize it's the movie they're discussing. If I posted a thread called "The Whole Nine Yards", someone might click on it expecting a rant about how some American football team was performing this season, and instead find spoilers for the Bruce Willis film.

If I created a topic entitled "Discussion of Matrix" and spoke about the sequels being filmed, someone could very well be expecting a discussion of the first film. Ooops for them!

Also, if I created a topic called "Indiana Jones", someone might be expecting a discussion about the current trilogy and instead find detailed spoilers on the fourth film. Same thing for the generic title of "James Bond."

Expecting everyone to remember every movie title is ridiculous. I barely remember "Unbreakable" -- unremarkable movie, unremarkable story. Bad, bad, bad, and I wasted $8.50 on it. Yech. Who here remembers what "Frequency" and "Fallen" were about?

So, for fuck's sake, be safe. Exercise some basic fucking caution. Write some "spoilers" and "$$$" and be safe about it. Avoid the bitching.

I mean, Jesus H. Fucking Christ, if I go out to see the new Sum of All Fears movie, I shouldn't create a thread entitled "Sum of All Fears" because someone, somewhere, might not realize they made a movie about it, and be expecting a topic on the book! So I would create a thread entitled, $$$ Sum of All Fears - Film $$$ or something.

How fucking hard is that?

Oh, and Veers? You're a complete fool.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed Unbreakable. From a 'Comic Book Guy' perspective, all of that was right on.

Even the premise isn't entirely crazy. Some people are born with crippling birth defects. Others can chew up and swallow glass and metal without ill effects. Who's to say?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MeGotBeer:

Expecting everyone to remember every movie title is ridiculous.

nobody is asking people to remember every movie title. but if you don't know the friggin title, then chances are you don't give a flying monkey's ass if the ending gets spoiled. and if you do, then simply don't click on the damn thread. if you don't ever want to be spoiled for every goddamn movie, even the ones you've never heard of, then just stop talking to people and live in your basement for the rest of your life. there are ALWAYS going to be posts missing a spoil sign. just live with it.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

You know what the scary thing is me and Mr. Glass have the same hair style.

--------------------

-----------------
The West Wing

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps