Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » King Conan - Crown of Iron (Conan III)

Author Topic: King Conan - Crown of Iron (Conan III)
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was checking out the pages of some swordmakers, Jody Samson's in particular, the guy who built the original two legendary swords of Conan, the Atlantean sword and his father's sword. They've just gotten around to recreating them by the way, so there were some nice piccies.

So anyway, I read about this rumour that producer John Milius has been working for some time at the Conan III project. I thought "Well, Arnold IS a bit old but it would work since Conan is to be older too, in this script". Yes, the early rumours were brought up on "Ain't It Cool News", but it's grown since then.
I also read about the Wachowski brothers being on the staff too (The Matrix), and it's been said that in the movies, Arnold's plays as good as his producer/director. Well then I've got a good feeling about this.

Let's face it, "Conan" was a revolution in the Fantasy/adventure genre, to me it's one of the classics. Even the second film was pretty good, along with Red Sonia.
And now would be the perfect time to do a sequel, Arnold is still in good shape, the Wachowski's are still going up.
Also, the CGI of today could do some awesome sceneries of the age between the doom of Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius.
Oh, and Mako is said to have joined the cast too (Conan's magician and chronicler)! :-)

Now if only they could get Basil Polidouris for the musical score again, I'll be the proverbial happy camper.

Thoughts? (Oh, and never mind my .sig, I love Arnold. He's like the son I never had)

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: G.K Nimrod ]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim,

Buddy. Pal. You're 22. You've lots of time left to have kids.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nono, you see in Sweden we divide everything by two, including our dicks. Also, housemoose. Now, thoughts?

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What the hell?" is pretty much it.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Conan 1 was awesome. Conan 2 sucked... conan 3 awesome again?
Nim
Member # 205

Maybe, the premise sounds cool and they seemed to have abanodoned the early decision to have The Rock play Conan.
Here's the story from "Ain'tItCool", I haven't read through all of it, there's a 146-page draft from the early stage of the script, I don't want to know too much.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=10000

What can be divulged, however, is the premise. ($$$$)
"Like Tennyson's Ulysses, an aged King Conan sets out on one last great adventure."

I am very fond of the setting and era of the Conan films, I really long to see something more from it.

Sol: That was my first thought too. :.)

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to see this movie made. I didn't think Arnold was too old to do this kind of thing when they made...what was it...the one with the Hercules guy in it? Kull The Conquerer. Wasn't that supposed to be the third Conan movie? Then Arnold didn't want to do it so they got Herc to play his father.

Or maybe I'm confused.

Anyway, I love the idea of seeing an older Conan having finally gotten the Kingdom he was promised. I think it would rock. And seeing Mako back would be even better.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waitasec ...

"Kull" is a prequel to Conan?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I heard that in an interview once. That when they couldn't make it the third Conan movie, they decided to make Kull Conan's father.

I may be wrong, but I thought that's what I head.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
Member # 205

Well thank godness it wasn't Conan III, that could've totally killed the franchise.
I've read nothing about Kull being a prequel, I don't think it's widely accepted.
I mean come on, a lukewarm PG-13 movie proclaiming itself the foundation of the Conan series? An insult to proper gore, I say! ;-)

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a really well written analysis of Conan:

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/6570/ctbds.html

I recently purchased the DVD and was reminded how much I loved the film. (Conan and Kull are both from the R.E.Howard books.) Kull is not his father, at least not in the Conan movie, can't speak for Kull, 'cause I haven't seen it.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Nim
Member # 205

That is a very detailed analysis. It makes you appreciate the movie more.
I want the Conan DVD too, it's been on my list since I got DVD, but the stores I go to can't import it out of some restriction about Region 1.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps