Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » New Transformers toys (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Transformers toys
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!!! Your real name is Johnathon Cauffman and you live in Longview, Texas, right!?!?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right, they may never hold any value. Then again, they might. I certainly didn't think that my old Transformers would. Now when I go into a comic shop they're selling the same ones I had for about $40-$50 each. Even the Star Trek micromachines sell for more than their value on eBay.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I finished watching the first episode of Transformers series. It's animation is similiar to Digimon.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a bit similar, but I wasn't getting the same style. The style used for the humans in digimon is very similar to the style used for the humans in Pokemon (the backgrounds are quie different though). The humans in Car Robots/RiD though look different. A lot more traditional anime.

What's the kid called in the US dub?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The kid's name is Koji.

And (at least in the first episode) there doesn't appear to be any attempt to tie in RiD to any other TF series. The most backstory we got was that the Autobots and Predacons are still from Cybertron.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the kids name in Car Robots? The only human name I can remember is "Yuko", the sexy, rich, Kenny-type character. Except she doesn't die.

Are they saying it's still set in Japan (the first episode wouldn't make much sense if it wasn't).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I think they mentioned it was set in Japan.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Hobbes
Member # 138

Which of course would explain why my Prowl action figure has Japanese symbols on the door.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Yeah, I was surprised they didn't take them off (I think they say "Tokyo Police Department"). They leave the Japanese writing on Fire Convoy/Optimus Prime too.

The only differences are the added Autobot symbols in car mode (which actually don't make much sense. In Car Robots, they finally figured out that the vehicle modes were suppossed ot be disguises, and disguises don't work if you have your faction symbol posted all over the place). The paint is a bit different too. But everything else is the same. Thus Optimus Prime's tyre's still say "Fire Convoy" on them, and Ultra Magnus's still say "God Magnus".

For the curious, name changed:

Mach Alert : Prowl (obvious homage)
Speedbreaker : Side Burn (horrible name. And it still says "Speedbreaker" on the toy profile)
Wild Ride : X-Brawn (again, horrible name).

Fire Convoy : Optimus Prime (makes sense, but he is a different character. Why not call him Something Else Prime?)
God Magnus : Ultra Magnus (makes sense)

Gigatron : Megatron (although he looks NOTHING like any Megatron ever, G1 or Beast Wars)
Devil Gigatron : Gigatron (repaint. Occurs a bit into the series)
Gelshark : Sky Bite (I think. I'm not sure. It's a repaint of Cybershark anyway, and is poo).

There are others, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

--------------------

Hobbes
Member # 138

Robots In Disguise - Car Robots
Omega Prime - God Fire Convoy
Optimus Prime - Super Fire Convoy
Ultra Magnus - God Magnus
Side Burn - Speedbreaker
X-Brawn - Wildrider
Prowl - Mach Alert
Fortress Maximus - Brave Maximus
Towline - Wrecker Hook
Skid-Z - Indy Heat
Hot Shot - Artfire
R.E.V. - Eagle Killer
Ironhide - Ox
Mirage - Counter Arrow
Crosswise - X-Car
W.A.R.S. - W.A.R.S.
RailRacer - JRX
Rail Spike - J-5
Midnight Express - J-4
Rapid Burn - J-7
Landfill - Build King
Heavy Load - Build Typhoon
High Tower - Build Cyclone
Grimlock - Build Hurricane
Wedge - Build Boy

T-Ai - Ai
Koji - Yuki
Dr. Orishi - Dr. Onshi
Kelly - Junko

Megatron - Gigatron
Gigatron - Devil Gigatron
Sky-Byte - Gelshark
Slapper - Gushar
Dark Scream - Gildo
Gas Skunk - Gaskunk
Scourge - Black Convoy
Ruination - Baldigus
Mega-Octane - Dorailer
Ro-Tor - Hep-tor
Movar - Shuttler
Armorhide - Dungar
Rollbar - Greenjeeber

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps