Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Question about Earth: Final Conflict

Author Topic: Question about Earth: Final Conflict
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really watch the show, but I've been wondering about a part of the story. What was the SI War, and why was the US involved in the invasion of Taiwan?

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never been quite sure. I'm not even sure they ever completely explained it, really. As I understand it, SI stands for Sino-Indian. America was heavily involved in the fighting, though it didn't involve nuclear weapons. The Taelons actually created a massive energy vortex which killed many for the purposes of sustaining the war long enough for the mothership to arrive, so as to enhance their image. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is minor: Boone and Kincaid (the real Kincaid) were in the same company, and were ambushed. They were the only survivors.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only seen all of season 1 so far. I don't know what that SI war was. Earlier on in the season they also mentioned an '01 war! I don't know if that is different to the SI war... or the same. SI, maybe it is Sino something war... Sino means China.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*points upward*

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great help, guys.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps