Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » ReBoot 4.0.1 & 4.0.2 ($$$)

Author Topic: ReBoot 4.0.1 & 4.0.2 ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ReBoot is back! Two episodes were shown today:

ReBoot 4.0.1
"Daemon Rising"

&

ReBoot 4.0.2
"Cross Nodes"

"There is no past. There is no future. There is only the word. And the word is Daemon."

-Some Guardian guy, I forget his name.

First off, we finally get to see Daemon. Just as Megabyte and Hexadecimal each had their thing (Megabyte being order and Hexadecimal being chaos), Daemon has her thing: Religion. Those infected by Daemon basically see her as godlike being, spouting out her "teachings" at every chance they can get. She resembles a blue-green sprite with a purple outfit and a funky halo-like thing. She has a very thick French accent. She has an attendant, an infected sprite that I'll just call Prime Minister Dude for now, 'cause I've forgotten his name too. Also, like Megabyte's ability to infect people, only Daemon can directly infect a being. Those infected cannot spread the infection themselves.

Bob is not well. I don't know if its his merging with Glitch or the fact that he's been opening up portals at regular intervals, but he's become very weak. He's also not happy at having to fight his fellow Guardians, using non-lethal means whenever possible. This is putting him at odds with Matrix, who wants to basically blow every Guardian up.

So far as Dot is concerned, we are seeing her (and Mainframe's) past in form of flashbacks. We finally see the Twin City of Mainframe alluded to back in Season 2's "AndrAIa." We also see it completely destroyed. (The only thing left of it is Lost Angles, which is Hexadecimal's home in the first three seasons.) We also see a flashback with Dot and her father. He gets a name, but I forget it right now. I'll go back and get it in a bit. Her father was a scientist, who theorized there were other systems besides Mainframe (Apparantly, Bob had not arrived yet.)

Hexadecimal has undergone quite a change. For most of the first episode, Hex is as we saw her when Season 3 ended. She uses her superpowers to help repel a Guardian invasion. However, something happens with her icon, causing nulls to swarm around her as they did back in "Nullzilla." The odd thing is, they don't really form a Nullzilla, they form a mouth. A mouth which speaks with the voice of Dot's father... By the next episode, the cocoon releases Hex, who now has a completely different form. She is now white and gold, has hair, and is completely powerless. So far as I can tell, she's a sprite now.

Poor Mike the TV... Daemon, upon learning that Bob has merged with Glitch, decides she really wants him, and manages to get him in a transport. Hex (while she still has her powers), switches Bob and Mike, sending Mike to the supercomputer, where he is infected by Daemon. Daemon pumps Mike for information about Mainframe, but the infection hasn't made Mike any less of a nitwit, so she doesn't get much. At the beginning of the second episode, we see Mike with a choir singing gospel music to Daemon, and oddly enough, Daemon seems to really enjoy Mike.

Matrix and Enzo... Enzo feels quite overshadowed by Matrix, so he's decided to dress like him and go by the name Little Matrix. He's getting in quite a bit of trouble.

AndrAIa has been sticking by Matrix, but was captured during a raid against Daemon. She was taken to the supercomputer and infected.

Hack and Slash are still, uh, Hack and Slash. Apparantly, they are quite convinced Megabyte is coming back, and are still looking after Nibbles (who, you'll remember, is apparantly Megabyte's father).

Mouse and Phong are still around, but they don't do much of anything except tech stuff.

Ray Tracer hasn't been seen or mentioned at all, oddly enough.

Turbo has succumbed to his infection. He is now in Mainframe, but his status is unknown.

As for Mainframe itself, it's fared well so far because the infected Guardians can't open portals. (Remember, back in "The Episode With No Name," Turbo revealed that once a Guardian succumbs to Daemon's infection, their keytool will no longer work.) Between Mouse's tech work and Hex's power, they've been able to keep Mainframe's ports closed too. Unfortunately, most of the Net has not fared so well. As of the end of the second episode 92% of the Net is infected.

Oh, and the games... Two games have been seen so far. The first was a brilliant Austin Powers spoof (Matrix as Dr. Evil, Enzo as Mini-Me, and Frisket as Mr. Bigglesworth). The second was apparantly a Tomb Raider spoof, although the user was a guy instead of anything resembling Lara Croft.

I think that pretty much covers everything. If it doesn't, ask, and I'll answer.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got done watching them and all I have to say is sweet. The cgi has definently been upgraded and looks really smooth. Great episodes.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? Where? When? I thought we were supposed to see the new movie-length shows in November on YTV - what gives?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YTV will get the movies next month. Worry not.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*mutters something about springboarding over the shark after two seasons*

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost missed the episodes!

I originally thought they were just making 2 movies? Are they now doing an entire full season?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done a little digging - what you Americans are watching are the new seasons as broken down and editted into half-hour episodes. The full, uneditted movie versions will be broadcast in November on YTV.

I guess I'll be waiting for the full editions.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps