Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Suits at Tribune begin to interfere with Andromeda

Author Topic: Suits at Tribune begin to interfere with Andromeda
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoilers for "Last Call At The Broken Hammer"

$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
I was about ready to stop watching the show, the plots have been that bad, then a unny thing happened. The show improved. The first four eps this season have been very good, with last weeks "Pitiless as the Sun" being one of the best episodes of the series. Then I began to read the spoilers for the next ep. All the reviews were bad, and one detail started a ruckas at the Slipstreambbs. Trance gets her tail burned off in the ep. Posters at the Slipstream went ballistic, started a petition and asked the writer "WHY". Robert H. Wolfe responded. It was and order from a "Suit" at Tribune, who didn't like the way the effect was done.

While I'll agree that the tail didn't aways look good, most of the scenes where it played a part were well done, and the effect was good enough. The bigger question is, "Wiil Tribune bring down the rateings by interfering, as they have done with E:FC. I fear so, but then, Kevin Sorbo may well be the "Suit". No one is saying for sure, and few are asking. I did, as did one other poster, but we got no reply. Sorbo is responceable for the new opening monolog and music, haveing campaigned all of last season to get rid of what his underdeveloped hears precived as "noise."

Personally, I hope it does turn out to be Sorbo, and that it comes out that it was him, and the fans give him a hard enough time that he will think twice about making more changes. If it turns out to be someone else, we may never know who it was, and never get the message to Tribune to leave things alone, and let RHW and company run the damn show, as they were hired to do in the first place.
I don't really care about the tail, but I'm afraid of what it means for Andromeda's future. Just as I'm begining to like the show, Tribune could come in and ruin a good thing. Wouldn't be the first time.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh, what a horrible idea. Producers producing. The gall!
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it though. OK, so Sorbo is a producer. If he is the one responceable for the tale of the tail, I can't complain much about that. I hope that that is the case. If not, then it's a bean counter thing, and I do hate to see that start.

Sol, or anyone who reads this, do you watch E:FC, and has it gone down hill as I've seen so much as I have heard?

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I quit watching halfway through the second season. Mostly because it was on at an inopportune time for me.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EFC has more or less sucked since they killed off Boone. The entire backplot is totally screwed up, too. My personal solution is to blow up the planet at the end of the series. "Final Conflict" indeed...

Of course, you can always have one character go back in time and fix things. Say the ressurected Boone. Send him back to just after Zo'or vaporized him, and everything's hunky-dory. He'll even have knowledge of the future, and what they have to avoid. Of course, Zo'or would be wondering what the frell was going on...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I quit watching halfway through the second season. Mostly because it was on at an inopportune time for me."

Bathtime?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh ... Sol, isn't it the writers' jobs to write the series, and the producers' jobs to get money for the series? And aren't the producers of Andromeda the writers?

My head go *spin!*

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

quote:

And aren't the producers of Andromeda the writers?

Mr. Wolfe is listed as a producer, as is Allen Eastman. Sorbo is also a producer. I don't think Eastman is a writer, but is a director.

quote:

I quit watching halfway through the second season. Mostly because it was on at an inopportune time for me.

Must have been the first season. We are five eps into the second season now.
Number 5, "Last Call At The Broken Hammer" has been the weakest this season. The first four were pretty good.

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: Kosh ]

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he meant S2 of EFC...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Yes.

I've never watched Andromeda on anything approaching a regular basis.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

Give Andromeda another shot when it goes into reruns. With the exception of this episode, it is much improved this season.

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps