Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » RHW Fired from Andromeda

Author Topic: RHW Fired from Andromeda
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems Mr Sorbo is a little power hungry.

http://www.slipstreambbs.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002304.html

I am not Andromeda's biggest fan, hell, I'm not even second. But I know that I wont like the direction they are going to go, which sounds strangly like "Hercules in Space", which a lot of people worried about from the begining. I'll watch the remaing shows that RHW was involved with, as he requested, but I don't think I'll be interested after that.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fired from Andromeda? What, in one of those little fighter/drone/missile things? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frankly, I could never get into Andromeda. Budget fx aside, I really couldn't see Sorbo as anyone but Hercules. I guess this is just one more reason not to watch it.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, I just found this out. I've actually really enjoyed watching Andromeda. I've liked the characters and liked a lot of the episodes of the first season. I've also liked the direction that the shows been going this season with the coming Magog War and the desperation to actually restore the Commonwealth. I'm afraid that this that the termination of RHW from Andromeda is going to cause the show to sink. He was largely in control of the direction and writing for the series. Hell, Andromeda is practically his baby.

Now Sorbo is going to be heading that up. After reading about this over at Trekweb, I'm not so hopeful for Andromeda's future. They're going to dump the arc-nature of the show and all of the interplay and conflicts amongst the characters in favor of more action and space battles. Dear sweet lord in Albuequerqe, this is ludicrous. I enjoyed the way Andromeda is (as of "Home Fires"). Many other people enjoy Andromeda as it is. Now, I fear that it may simply become another no-brainer action fanboy series. If that does come to pass, I'll probably stop watching as well from lack of interest. I want to watch Andromeda, not Hercules.

I guess it's now just a wait-and-see game at this point. Maybe if Andromeda does take a turn for the worse, Tribune et al. will be willing to bring back RHW or, at the very least, bring back the qualities of present-Andromeda. Who knows, I'll least hang on to the show to see what happens. If the worse comes to pass, I'll definitely be upset, though.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming from somebody who rarely ever watched "Hercules" (I always preferred Xena anyways, I prefer hot chicks screaming and kicking to male bodybuilders anyday), I never saw it as "hercules in space," and so I always thought it was unfair to call it such. The bad background props, bad make-up, gooney aliens, lack of extensive cgi, wierd names...(you get the idea)...was always overshadowed by the plot, which on such a show you had to pay attention to it to enjoy the show at all. This disappoints me. I'll continue watching the show, but I think a large part of what fun it was for me will be gone.

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've never watched the show, but when the lead actor and producer says that the story lines are to clever and complex for him and others involved with the show to understand...it doesn't say much for it, in my opinion. Says alot about the stories...nto much about the actors though.

Just my opinion. Like I said, I've never seen teh show.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I never saw it as "hercules in space," and so I always thought it was unfair to call it such.

It never was, but that seems to be what Sorbo, Tribune and Fireworks want.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps