Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Earth: Final Conflict (spoilers, I guess)

Author Topic: Earth: Final Conflict (spoilers, I guess)
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no idea they were ending the show so soon, but I guess there are only two more episodes left. While I'll miss the show, I won't miss the neverending additions of bad stories and characters. When they killed off Boone, I was surprised but I eventually liked the character of Liam. Renee Palmer has never been one of my favorite characters. I personally think the actress isn't very convincing. And then they went and killed off Liam AND got rid of Augur. Well I guess there are always old reruns. I don't think I'll want to watch this last season over again. And the damn Ativus who are obviously nothing more than cheesy space vampires. They're nothing like what the Atavus first appeared as. I happen to have really liked the original Atavus.

-  -

So long, show!

[ May 04, 2002, 19:37: Message edited by: DeadCujo ]

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT MAN LOOKS LIKE A RAISIN! HE IS UGLY.
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the old raisin man better!

--------------------

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really loved the show first season, and then they killed boone. i completely lost interest at that point. i'm surprised it has lasted as long as it has.

--jacob

IP: Logged
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised that Omega hasn't posted in this thread yet. He and I have had quite a few good conversations about E:FC.

Anyway, Season 1 was definitely the best by far. But even Seasons 2-4 were works of art compared to Season 5, which (for the most part) is really really bad. Renee does not make a strong lead, the Atavus are really stupid, and Sandoval is reduced to a lackey.

And yes, there do appear to be several sorts of Atavus:

Atavus #1 (Devolved Taelon): Results when a Taelon is cut off from the Commonality. This is the "old raisin man" in the first picture. Generally quite savage. Seen in at least two episodes, from Season 2 or 3, I think.

Atavus #2 (Taelon-Jaridian Hybrid): Results when a Taelon and Jaridian of about equal energy fuse together. Only seen in one episode in Season 4 when Da'an and some Jaridian whose name escapes me fused together briefly. These are also apparantly the type of Atavus that they were trying to create in the Season 4 finale.

Atavus #3 (True Atavus?): These Atavus were apparantly banished from their homeworld before the Atavus evolved into Taelons and Jaridians, and they colonized Earth. On Earth, they found they had to feed off the energy of other beings to survive. They were forced into stasis when a meteor shower hit the planet, and the apparantly botched fusion in the Season 4 finale caused six of them to be revived. Howlyn, the really stupid leader of these Atavus, is the one in the second picture.

[ May 05, 2002, 15:06: Message edited by: Krenim ]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This show's hopeless. My personal preference would be for someone to blow up the planet at the end of the series, just so it has a twist to it. "Final Conflict" indeed.

I wish some studio could reassemble the original cast and pick up RIGHT where season one left off. "K, Boone being vaporized and everything after? Never happened." Alas, 'tis not to be.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that Boone was brought back from the dead for the last season?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

He was, for two episodes, and then he went off on some spiritual search or something. It was a pretty lame story.

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No wonder Majel Barrette dropped this show like a rock.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

They even went and killed Boone again. [Razz]

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..Which was just plain STUPID, mind you. They didn't even go into it - it's just an offhand remark of "Oh, by the way, Boone's dead. Moving on..."

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

He was nothing more than an archival flashback and had nothing to do with the story at all. They could have left it alone, but no - they had to ruin even that.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps