Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Silly British connections

Author Topic: Silly British connections
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sitting here watching the old 1976 BBC "I, Claudius" miniseries & it's funny how many sci-fi & fantasy connections there are. You've got:

• Patrick Stewart as Sejanus
  • John Rhys-Davies as Macro

• Brian Blessed (Boss Nass in TPM) as Augustus

• David Robb (Kalas from "Highlander") as Germanicus

• John Hurt ("1984") as Caligula

• Si�n Phillips (Reverend Mother in "Dune") as Livia
Wonder how many more there are...

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Hurt, who also played "When I get back to earth I'm going to get some decent food!! *cough* *ack!* Aaaargh, aaaahh!!! *splorf* EEEEEEE!!!! *silence*"

Livia, was she the old bird who stabbed herself repeatedly with a gladius, to illustrate how fun life can be?
I only saw a glimpse of that show when I was about 6 or 7, but I remember that scene, it stuck to my head. And now that you mentioned Reverend Mother I remember her pruny face too. [Smile]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Livia was the scheming manipulative bitch wife of Augustus, former wife of Marc Antony, mother (by Antony) of Tiberius & Drusus, grandmother to Claudius & Germanicus....& an incredible self-serving cunt who ruined the lives of everyone around her. Much like one of my roommates.

It really is a marvelous series, though. Some of the lines are great.

[ June 17, 2002, 11:23: Message edited by: Shik ]

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps