Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Reign of fire (The movie) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Reign of fire (The movie)
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to leave my higher mental processes at home, and watch the damn thing for eye-candy value. I mean, tanks! It's got tanks!

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It has Matthew McConaughey in it.
Them's is fightin' werds where I came from!

So did Contact, A Time To Kill and the greatest 70's flick ever made: Dazed & Confused.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot, did you? Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4 there was.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starred in that, did he???

Voggie Pootie: "if you expect your genre stuff to be all of extremely high quality before you can enjoy it, then you're not going to have a great deal to watch."

I agree, I got through Red Planet, Mission to Mars and that thing with Dennis Hopper as a space trucker (Heeeelp!!! Turn it oph, I can't feel my legs!) with a bag of chips and a big coke. Musn't forget the dip.
But that was last year, now I only rent videos if it's with buddies or my bro and his gf, it's more fun that way.

My brother rented some SF-flick with Kris Kristofferson as a cyborg, I'm not going to see that. Evah. Nievah evah.

But admit that there's been a new trend of sci-Fi/Action-movies since about 1995 (I tend to think of "Mortal Kombat 1" as one of the milestones, and I like it) that, with the mutual Medium-to-low-CGI, has created a new subgenre.

What do we call it?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Shit"?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe, but you need some way to convey that some of it is at least watchable. "Edible shit?"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh. How about "semi-watchable shit"? Since, er, I don't want to eat a video tape.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But eating shit is another matter entirely?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's not forget the Nemesis oeuvre.
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The what?

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

You know. The Nemesis 'oeuvre'.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nemesis
Nemesis 2
Nemesis 3
Nemesis 4

And, for Jeff, all alone in the wilderness: Oeuvre

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm not alone. I'm with Nimmy.

Argh. Why am I not alone?

Nim
Member # 205

Well Sol had me thinking "hors d'oeuvre" and I got all hungry and stuff, but come to think of it, I've never seen a movie as an appetizer.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Nim
Member # 205

Damn that was keff. I have to stop drinking at the office.

[ July 01, 2002, 04:42: Message edited by: Nim Pim ]

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps