Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Been a while

Author Topic: Been a while
bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This will probably get yanked but I figure you people have always been my best source when trying to discover SciFi so I will beat you over the head with it for a while. This is very broad so don't flip out. I either need a link to a knowledgable japanese animation nut or a good forum. I grew up in the 80s so you could consider me part of the transformer generation. I am looking for two Japanese animated movies, I think japanese, one where the hero puts a star to his head and mutates into superhuman something, and the other, more difficult because I vaguely remember it has a hero who escaped from somewhere with a giant robot that he uses to protect earth from other huge evil robots.
Any thoughts?

Bear

--------------------
Access Password
47at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
more difficult because I vaguely remember it has a hero who escaped from somewhere with a giant robot that he uses to protect earth from other huge evil robots.

Was the hero a kid or an adult? That would narrow it down considerably...

I'm passing the question on to my friend, though...he's got over eight hundred anime videos, so he might know...

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Between the ages of fifteen and twenty...I know he stole the robot and that he was very dark and brooding. He wasn't very old...One scene has him battling another robot that turns into a giant top saucer ship with a razors perimeter. As for what the hero does when he is not fighting...I want to say he was working on a farm or something.

--------------------
Access Password
47at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay...my friend says that describes roughly a million animes...he's unfortunately clueless on the one with the star on his head too. Sorry.

You might want to send an e-mail to one of the American anime companies that distribute this stuff. They've helped my friend find stuff before via e-mail...

(the title that popped into his head first was Mobile Suit Gundam because it's so popular, but I don't know. I don't watch Animes that much, unless they deal with Ninjas. Ninjas are the cure for any problem.)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And "Mobile Suit Gundam" encompasses at least 10 animes anyway...

Was it in English? That might also help.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bear
Member # 124

I don't think it Mobile Suit Gundam...it was a long shot...I'm not in a hurry to figure it out...
I really appreciate your help.

Bear

EMH Mk.2
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am looking for two Japanese animated movies, I think japanese, one where the hero puts a star to his head and mutates into superhuman something, and the other, more difficult because I vaguely remember it has a hero who escaped from somewhere with a giant robot that he uses to protect earth from other huge evil robots.
Any thoughts?

I believe the second one is named UFO Robot Grendizer. Your guess is as good as mine on the first one.
IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps