Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » ($$) Signs ($$)

Author Topic: ($$) Signs ($$)
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whose seen it? I just saw it today and must say it is a truly great movie. Shyamalan's best, and he is turning out to be the next Hitchcock. As for the movie, great performances, suspense, and not so much of a twist ending as his other films. Hope it makes a lot, and I also hope Shyamalan continues to make good movies.

--------------------
Meh

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it a few hours ago. It was enjoyable but I've seen scarier and more interesting stories. My girlfriend was still shaky after the movie ended though.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, NO!

Beer leads to drunkeness.

Drunkness leads to beer goggles.
Beer goggles lead to dirty women.

Once you get a dirty girl on your jock, forever will she dominate your destiny.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is also true. [Smile]

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go again... [Roll Eyes]

(I wish that stupid "rolleyes" graemlin would actually roll its eyes)

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does FOOL!

Who is #280?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tis TLE. And Washu what??

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought it was a good movie. i think M. Night Shyamalan is trying to pull the Quentin Tarantino thing (appearing in all of his movies), the difference being that Tarantino can act. oh well. i still think Unbreakable is Shymalan's best film.
IP: Logged
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well. It's not just a Tarantino thing. It was a Alfred Hitchcock thing, first.
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, but hitchcock usually went uncredited, and didn't normally have important roles. for instance, he was "the man in the cowboy hat outside the realty office" in Psycho. to me, what hitchcock and what tarnatino did are 2 very different things.
IP: Logged
Teelie
Member # 280

I guess not all of you can see Japanese characters, oops. [Embarrassed]

-

Washu is from the Tenchi anime series.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I CAN see the characters, I know who Washui is, but I don't read Japanese--kana, gana, OR kanji, so I asked.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Teelie
Member # 280

I don't think some can. It wouldn't be the first time.
Basically it translates to "I love Washu" that chick rocks. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Teelie
Member # 280

Ah, much better, if this works anyhow.

Good, it did. Wash is now my avatar. [Smile]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps