Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Babylon 5 Season 1 DVD Box Set Out NOW!

Author Topic: Babylon 5 Season 1 DVD Box Set Out NOW!
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought it yesterday, haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but it has REALLY nice packaging and the features on it look really good, including episode previews and a virtual station tour.

Can't wait for the other 4 sets to come out!

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's a great box set. And so cheap: just 30 Euros!!

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$74.99 Canadian dollars off the shelf. I cancelled my Amazon.com order rather quickly when I saw that. The American price is exactly the same, except in US dollars. Americans get ripped off on DVDs and CDs I tell you.

As a big Babylon 5, this purchase was forth every extra cent....Canadian cent that is [Smile]

The extras I found were rather superfluous, with the exception of the entertaining episode commentaries. While the previews are conveniently located (so you can quickly find out if you remember/like a particular episode before viewing) , the documentaries and station tour are really just fluff, and not even much fluff.

The content however is really nice. A few image quality issues, easily explained by the fact that I have to watch it on a computer monitor from a short distance away, which tends to exaggerate DVD compression artifacts. The sound on the other hand is truly spectacular.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where'd you get the pack for that cheap? I'd love to have the complete set on DVD -- my family already has them all, but on VHS and taped from the TNT reruns. Unfortunately, I don't have $75 to spend. If it were less, I'd definitely consider it, though! [Smile]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Mucus, where did you find this? Hopefully the store has an outlet in SJ. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as I said...its a Canadian price.
I bought mine at Best Buy (74.99 CAN).
Future Shop should also have the exact same price since they were bought up by Best Buy.
While looking around, I also got a quote of $74.99 from Price Club, but they won't get it till Nov 12, which is the official Canadian release date.

The US release date is Nov 5, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding it there. There's a lot more discussion about where you can get it at the forums at B5LR

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finding the DVD's isn't the problem. I can order them from Amazon.com quite easily... but at the full price. I want the good deals!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God Bless Canada [Big Grin]

I'll be making a trip to Future Shop Thursday... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also bought it at Future Shop for the affore-mentioned price.

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd pay $5 for it and use it to balance my coffee table.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

[Roll Eyes]
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My DVD#2 is scratched. All I can figure is that it must have come loose inside the backage and then skidded around in transport. Now I have to take the damned thing back and exchange it. Or can they fix that now?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some stores can. It only takes about five minutes to fix a scratched DVD, if they have the machine in the back.

Most Blockbusters will repolish a DVD or CD for about a dollar.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
72.21 online at Bestprices.com

http://www.uln.com/cgi-bin/vlink/index.html

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best Buy is always good for DVDs. They're a lot cheaper than movie stores in malls such as Suncoast or Sam Goodys. I think I paid about $80 for the box set at Best Buy.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps