Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » B5: Legend of the Rangers

Author Topic: B5: Legend of the Rangers
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! I've finally seen it! I was in town the otherday and noticed the video and bought it straight away.

I'm not fantastic at reviews - and most of you who are interested would probably have seen it.

So I'm going to put out a whole lot of undigested thoughts that have been brewing over the last couple of days. And something of what I thought of the characters.

Dylan Neal - Does he remind anyone else of Captain Pike/Jeffery Hunter!?!

Dulann - Liked that character kept thinking it was Lennier for a few seconds at the start

Red-haired chick - Loved the battle-cage

The Healer - not every character is what they seem - she seems like someone who could have turned out to be an interesting character.

The Narn Engineer - fiesty - reminds me of Na'toth. not a bad character

The chinese navigator - he seemed superfluous

the Drazi - comic relief - but again probably would have turned out to be an interesting character

Too many characters/cast members is it's problem.

I liked all the effects.

I like the story.

something bigger than the shadows? Another dimension - I didn't think JMS was going to get into that sort of territory?

Couldn't they have used the excuse that the First Ones had gone - thus leaving a vacuum - or the First Ones were some-how stopping these 'baddies' coming into the known universe while they were there... OR couldn't they be some sort of First One race come BACK from beyond the rim?

The Hand eh? Hello Saruman reference.

WHAT I wish is that this was some-how combined with Crusade and it would have made the perfect series.

I loved the characters on Crusade - but Crusade's production values just were SHITE - the whole crap with the uniforms... the ship... the 'feel' of it - which is what LotR HAS. Maybe add Dylan Neal or boot out the crusade captain *warning this is just wild fantasy for another GOOD B5 show* (what was that captain's name again?)

Keep:

Galen (the technomage)
Max Eilerson (he was such a prick! [Smile] )
Matheson (the chinese telepath)
Dureena Nafeel (she was hot) [Smile]

Ditch:

Captain what's his name
Lochley
Doctor (or though she wasn't THAT bad - just not that GOOD either)

Add
Possibly Dylan Neal
Dulaan
Minbari Healer
Narn engineer

Ditch
Superflous navigator
comic relief Drazi
the 'tough' red-head - she'd become tiring quickly.

Then you've got a GREAT show

Either captain
Dulaan
Matheson (fellow telepaths)
Narn Engineer
Galen
Dureena
Minbari Healer
Max Eilerson
possibly the red head

You've got a NICE mixed cast of aliens.

the ship would be neither of the ships shown on either show.

Crusade too big
The other - too... it doesn't fit.

Keep Christopher Franke - ditch Evan Chen. (a given)

Ditch Drakh plague crap - maybe make the 'Hand' as I said some rogue first ones or something.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

ANYWAY - the show was good - pity there is no series - maybe they might take up my suggestion!! [Smile]

Set it not TOO long after B5 season - 10 years?

Oh - the introduction was a nice seen - with them all around telling them about themselves.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Legend of the Rangers was an OK movie, which might've led to a good series. Then again, I somehow wouldn't want to see to much B5 -- better to rewatch the old show over and over and discover new things.

I liked Crusade better, though, and according to what JMS said, LOTR was supposed to be a sneaky way to deal with that show's subject matter. LOTR starts off in 2265, shortly after the telepath war, and would've eventually caught up with Crusade that begins in 2267.

I'm starting to have too much of JMS shows...you know, there is a point at which they can start to make you depressed. They all essentially preach something like this:

The real world is depressing, hard, bloody, and if it's not like that for you, then you're not living. Only if you have a bloody, hard life with a little window of hope out there are you something, because you're experiencing fire at the end of which there is real light you'll never achieve, but at least you'll die knowing that you were doing something you believe in.

Which is true, but it's not something I want to relax over too much while watching TV.

Boris

[ November 19, 2002, 09:20: Message edited by: Boris ]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps