Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » And now, Firefly has been cancelled. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: And now, Firefly has been cancelled.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik, I see you made the grand, congrats...

I've watched one ep. of Firefly, then didn't even tape it...

I liked Farscape... I got in to SG1, after catching a few reruns then starting a fresh season....

Medical and criminal dramas are ruining the airwaves... er, I guess cable is a wave-guide....
anyway...

I caught an ep. of Sapranos last week, fuck this, fuck that, woman called and said you fcked her and her sister.... man, we didn't cuss that bad in the infantry....

I am watching the quality programming of The Weather Channel....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
Shik, I see you made the grand, congrats...

I've watched one ep. of Firefly, then didn't even tape it...

I liked Farscape... I got in to SG1, after catching a few reruns then starting a fresh season....

Medical and criminal dramas are ruining the airwaves... er, I guess cable is a wave-guide....
anyway...

I caught an ep. of Sapranos last week, fuck this, fuck that, woman called and said you fcked her and her sister.... man, we didn't cuss that bad in the infantry....

I am watching the quality programming of The Weather Channel....

Well, then, I guess your tastes can beat up my tastes.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excessive cussing is only entertaining on The Osbournes. [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three grand. It was 30%.

Just saw the "real" pilot, the 2-hour one that introduced Simon, River, & Shepherd Book. Nice to see Mark Allan Shepard on there He plays asshole REALLY well, even looks the part. I guess all those years of playing Morn has helped with emotiveness.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why I chose Voyager as a comparative example of varying styles of season finales. . . It was just the first that dropped into my head. How about, more of a "Rising Star" than a "Z'Ha'Dum?" Or, shit, whatever the 2nd-season finale was called, I can't remember right now.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something to do with "Darkness" I think. Or "Night".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Fall of Night."

And Vogon, I was really joking about comparing B5 to Voyager. I got your point. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deadcujo:
I honestly didn't enjoy the two episodes of FireFly I watched. I knew it would be cancelled when I first heard about it. May it rest in peace with Dark Angel.

Dark Angel has been cancelled? [Confused] We're still in the first season over here in the UK . . . it's . . . OK . . . I guess - a tad better than that crap otherwise known as "Alias" - Jeez!

What is FireFly anyway?
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I happen to enjoy Alias whenever I can catch it, which is unfortunately fairly infrequently at uni.

I thought the first season of Dark Angel was a bit hit-and-miss (it got quite good in the last few episodes, though, with Nana Visitor). The second season, was, erm, pretty shit. Even the heavily-billed 90 minute finale (written by no less than the team of Behr & Echevarria) was painful. Jessica Alba remained hot throughout.

And I don't believe the Mark A. Sheppard in Firefly == Mark Allan Sheppard in DS9.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who else saw that 2-hour original pilot that was the last episode? I thought it was great. Good introduction to the crew and the ship. Good introduction to the Firefly universe. Good action, and they set up a lot of the successive story arcs. I really wish that they had shown this one as the original pilot. I think I would have been far more interested in the series had this been the first thing I saw. As it was I thought the episode we saw, 'The Train Job', didn't introduce the characters very well. It had some cool action sequences and a terrific ending, but I found it very disappointing as a pilot. I don't know what FOX was smoking when they decided the 'Serenity' pilot wasn't good enough.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Balaam Xumucane:
I don't know what FOX was smoking when they decided the 'Serenity' pilot wasn't good enough.

The same stuff they were smoking when they decided to cancel the whole damn series, probably. [Roll Eyes]

I saw "Serenity" -- it wasn't an extraordinary pilot as far as the action goes, but the characters were all incredible... I can't see why there might have been a problem with this episode. It even had the eye-catching Action Sequence Intro scene to kick the series off...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

buffyslilhelper
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[spam nuked]

[ January 06, 2003, 10:39: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

IP: Logged
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree it is a good series - it could be great if they would just conn the ship out of the Western-motif cluster and into some varied worlds.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps