Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Back to the Future DVD Trilogy Set (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Back to the Future DVD Trilogy Set
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This came out last week and it's about time. No pun intended. The BTTF series have been my favorite movies for as long as I can remember. I've been obsessed with owning a DeLorean since forever as well just because of those movies. So I definately had to get the 3 DVD box set the day it came out.

It's an awesome set too, each DVD has extras relating to that particular movie. Each movie has deleted scenes, outtakes, commentaries and documentaries and other interesting making-of type stuff.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the extras include any Eric Stolz footage? I've seen stills, which suggest that shot quite a few scenes before he got the axe.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
Does the extras include any Eric Stolz footage? I've seen stills, which suggest that shot quite a few scenes before he got the axe.

No, just some stills but the whole situation and reason for the axe is discussed on one of the documentries.
There might be some legal reason why the footage is never shown, like when an agent blocks an actor's bloopers from being shown.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They talk about Stoltz quite a bit. I hadn't realized just how much of the film had actually BEEN filmed when they re-cast Fox (which in turn, forced them to re-cast a new, shorter, actress to play Jenifer). I don't think they say for certain, but to me it sounded like they'd filmed a good 1/3rd of the film with Stoltz ... and wound up firing him while shooting the parking lot scene in the beginning of the film.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you've bought the BTTF DVD set, you own a "faulty" version.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, aren't we all special ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the double topic post.

I watched BTTF 2&3 and didn't really notice the problem, so it wasn't too bad. I guess if I watched them again knowing that, I might notice it.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This came out last week and it's about time.
What are you talking about? I have it in my shelf since September. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was sad to hear they royally fucked up the framing in Parts 2 and 3. In Febuary they are re-calling parts 2 and 3 for new ones, properly framed. They explain it here:

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/380/380524p2.html

Im very sad about this, but I will be getting the discs soon (BTTF-sized present under the tree) and WILL exchange them for the non-fubar ones in Feb 2003.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone explain this Stoltz thing? It's the first I've heard of it.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now when they say they screwed up on the anamorphic widescreen transfer, does that mean that ONLY the widescreen version is messed up? Or the fullscreen version, too?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Eric Stoltz was originally cast as Marty McFly in Back to the Future (1985). After filming about 1/3 of the movie, they fired him and hired Michael J. Fox. They said that Stoltz didn't act enough like a teenager.

IMDB.com

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Now when they say they screwed up on the anamorphic widescreen transfer, does that mean that ONLY the widescreen version is messed up? Or the fullscreen version, too?

Only the true movie (aka Widescreen) i honestly dont know why the hell anyone would buy the fullscreen versions, they are worse then improperly framed widescreen versions.
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People with bad eyesight and no DVD zoom option [Wink]
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The www.bttf.com site has 6 pages of pictures of Stolz as Marty. http://www.bttf.com/cgi-bin/ImageFolio3/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Eric_Stoltz_as_Marty_McFly

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps