Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Angel

Author Topic: Angel
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read where Glenn Quinn who played Doyle in season 1 Angel has died. Unkown how he died but it's thought that it could have been a drug overdose. Sad news. I liked Doyle - I wish he wasn't killed off in the show.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no idea. Apparently he died on the 3 December, which was weeks ago.

Wasn't the most commonly suggested reason for his "real" departure from the show that it was because he had a drug problem?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah - I've heard that about the drugs - but then I also heard that about the Whistler character from "Becoming" that they were going to - supposedly = use. Also that Doyle was always supposed to die early on in the series. Never get a straight answer on this. Sad stuff. I liked the Doyle character.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Doyle was much better than this moron Wesley.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's just...wrong. Wesley's great. He's funny, sweet, has lots of depth, and he's a rogue demon hunter. What more do you want?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doyle was funny, Wesley is just annoying. The series has far too much annoying characters, like Lorne for example.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

By the end of season 1, Wesley has seriously grown as a character - and by season 3 - WOAH!

I don't like Wesley in Buffy season 3 - and when I saw him on Angel I groaned - but I like him now. And HEY I like Lorne - but I think he's supposed to be a little annoying. It's to counter all of Angel's brooding! [Smile]

I had to scratch my head there for a moment - I couldn't work out why you had brought up Wesley - thinking you were talking about Wesley crusher! LOL!

Wesley: The Klingon Slayer

--------------------

buffyslilhelper
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[spam nuked]

[ January 06, 2003, 10:38: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

IP: Logged
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought Angel Season One DVD set. I liked the character of Doyle. At the time he was the only original main character in the show. I also heard that his death was planned in the beginning. Personally I would have liked him to stay. Instead Wesley came on the show the same fool he was in Buffy. So Angel became all the second string characters off Buffy. Eventually Wes improved and became more hardened and serious. Although sadly I haven't been able to watch the series regularly since last March.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, old thread. Yeah, it was confirmed that Quinn's death was indeed an overdose. Years of working for/with Roseanne would take its toll on anyone, so he can't hardly be blamed.

On a smei-related note, "Buffy" execs have decided that Eliza Dushku & Faith will take the center stage as main character after SMG leaves at the end of the current season, thus leaving the gate open for SMG to return in sweeps-week cameos.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah baby... Faith was always way sexier than Buffy any day.

I was hoping that Doyle would return one day. This obviously rules that out. My idea would be that he was sent from the other side to warn and fight alongside Angel for the final showdown battle of the series.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
On a smei-related note, "Buffy" execs have decided that Eliza Dushku & Faith will take the center stage as main character after SMG leaves at the end of the current season, thus leaving the gate open for SMG to return in sweeps-week cameos.

Faith???? [Confused]
Wasn't she thrown in jail for murder during Angel series 1? How the hell can she get out so fast?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Hobbes
Member # 138

She's a slayer... I'm sure if she wanted to break out of a prison she could easily do it.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, the article I saw had it that Whedon was considering a Faith-based (HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA) spinoff, instead of just swapping out Slayer units. Now, considering the success of recent spinoff attempts...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, given Dushku's long absence (ostensibly due to Faith lanuguishing in an LA jail) was due to her preference to do movie work, it looks like she's been struck by the Curse of Caruso and has had to come crawling back to TV. Of course it's also happened to Kirstie Alley, Michelle Forbes, etc., etc. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps