Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » LOTR: Andy Serkis, Best Supporting Actor? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LOTR: Andy Serkis, Best Supporting Actor?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they think he'll totally fuck up "Return of the King" and they'll get flak for nominating him in the prior movie. [Smile]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Woodside Kid:
I seriously doubt the Academy members have the guts to nominate him. The first time this voice versus performance thing came up was thirty years ago, when Linda Blair was nominated for "The Exorcist" even though the character actress Mercedes McCambridge provided the possessed Reagan's creepy voice. The Academy got a lot of bad press for that, and it's ignored voice performances ever since. Frankly, I think it's more likely that you'll see someone nominated for their work in a strictly animated film, though God knows when that will be. (I thought Eddie Murphy deserved a BSA nod for doing Donkey.) It's a shame, because Andy Serkis did a hell of a job with Gollum; he deserves the recognition.

Yes, But Andy Serkis wasn't just voice acting. He was actually acting the part - twice. The computer guys just covered him in pixels. It's still 'him'.

Maybe he should rock up like this:

-

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps