Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » X-Men II: Huh? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: X-Men II: Huh?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*drool*

Ok... I'm on board. They had better have Nightcrawler doing the teleportion thing though.

One thing that scares me a little bit is when they show him running on all fours... it looks a little bit too much like they're holding the guy up by a wire attached to his belt and he's just moving his arms and legs... I don't know... I'll wait for the movie to make any decisions...

No Colossus, though.... at least not that I saw.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Alan Cumming interviewed on Conan O'Brien about two weeks ago (one of the absolutely most side-splittingly funny interviews I've ever seen, FWIW) and he mentioned that Nightcrawler will teleport.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I'm not *overly* impressed with the makeup... but it could very well look much better on film. I hope his hands look a good deal better. Maybe this is his far shot makeup and his closeups will be a bit nicer.

I do like the clothes, though. I believe Nightcrawler was raised by Gypsies.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is that, a rip in the bottom of his pants?

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, probably a patch of stretch-fabric, for great agility.

I for one AM impressed by the makeup! And I thought the crawl-footage looked nice, like a cartoon-cat.
First I recoiled at the mention of Cumming, I didn't care much for his "Boris" in GoldenEye ("Ai am invinsiebol!"), but this looks promising.

Also, nice to see McKellen back in villain pants.

I totally worship him as Gandalf, but I grew up watching the 1982 version of "The Scarlet Pimpernel" with McKellen as Chauvelin, set in the french revolution. He plays good villains.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
*drool*

Ok... I'm on board. They had better have Nightcrawler doing the teleportion thing though.

One thing that scares me a little bit is when they show him running on all fours... it looks a little bit too much like they're holding the guy up by a wire attached to his belt and he's just moving his arms and legs... I don't know... I'll wait for the movie to make any decisions...

No Colossus, though.... at least not that I saw.

I don't see why they wouldn't have him teleporting, since they've already shown one of the kids doing it in the first movie.
As for the quadruped run it looks like they've used the same wire technique that was used on Burton's "Planet of the Apes", so it should look ok in an enclosed space.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The space there is where they digitally insert the tail, I believe. He mentioned this during the aforementioned interview.
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, someone's keeping tabs, I see. :-)

I think I'll buy the X-Men 1.5 SE-DVD when it comes here. I never bothered to buy the first one, maybe this will make it worth it. It seems they've re-transferred it, so the audio & video is cleaned up a bit.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think comments about Hugh Jackman not being squat like Wolverine etc or little growls are really just superfluous. That character could have been a laughing stock - but Hugh Jackman MADE Wolverine. He was true to the character (he was told not to read any X-men comics but some friends got him like nearly the whole back catalogue) and he added nuances to the role that weren't called for in the script like him adding "bub" in there in the scene in the Statue of Liberty. So that was bloody awesome. Having been someone that never really had seen much X-men before seeing the movie. Hugh Jackman won me over from the first scene.

Everyone was cast really well. Sir Ian, Patrick, Anna, Rebecca, Hugh, Bruce, James, Halley, Ray, Tyler and the lovely Famke! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Disagree. Storm should have been Iman. Other than that, magnificent casting.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I think Halle was good for Storm. She pulls it off fairly well in my book. She does just enough of an accent to make her kind of smokey and mysterious.

Nightcrawler needs to teleport. Not just because it's a cool power, but because it was central to the character's abilities. Having Nightcrawler without teleporting would be akin to making Colossus just some big, strong Russian guy that was invulnerable, but not giving him armor.

Nim
Member # 205

You needn't woory about that either, my fine fellow.
 -

I'm very confident they'll make his organic steel lifelike and cool.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

NO WAY! Is that seriously Colossus? Or is it just some background kid?

*crosses fingers*

I've got no problem with them messing a little with the characters' ages so that some of them are still students while Cyclops and Jean et al are grown already. Just as long as they keep their powers and personalities true to form.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to see what some of those other kid's abilities are. I'm sure not all mutants had abilities that would allow them to go out and fight the baddies. Maybe some are more beneign. Like the ability to control plants or something - although that could come in handy. The ability to always make a nice breakfast or something!?! [Smile]

In the X-men (comics I guess) were there non-mutants who were friends with the X-men/Charles etc?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
I'd love to see what some of those other kid's abilities are. I'm sure not all mutants had abilities that would allow them to go out and fight the baddies. Maybe some are more beneign. Like the ability to control plants or something - although that could come in handy. The ability to always make a nice breakfast or something!?! [Smile]

In the X-men (comics I guess) were there non-mutants who were friends with the X-men/Charles etc?

most wierd non-superpower mutants have been explored in the comics, sometime over the past 40 years (anniversary! 1963!!) but mostly within the past ten, since the premiere of Gen X, and the new X-Force/Statix/whatever.. there have been non-mutant allies, but i believe the movies are staying true to the original concept, the pre- new X-men stigma where they werent allowed to even admit their powers to non-mutants (as in the comics, pre-69).. and a lot of the source material of the 60s comics is mixed with the 80s Jim Lee revival scene, as was the cartoon (Sen Kelly, Mutant Registration, etc)
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps