Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » �Battlestar Galactica� Boycot and Petitions

Author Topic: �Battlestar Galactica� Boycot and Petitions
solarflare
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
If you like or have fond memories of the TV science fiction series �Battlestar Galactica�, then please take the time to read the following, and give your support if you agree.

Online petitions:

{Link Deleted -- Siegfried}

Boycot movement:

Also, if you have the time/availability,

please email:
[email protected]
http://www.scifi.com/feedback/

Mail:
Mr. Barry Diller
Chairman and CEO
Universal Entertainment Group
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608 USA
re: Battlestar Galactica

General Tel: +1 818 777 1000
e-mail: [email protected]

(Be polite and straightforward, please, with your correspondence. Send a concise, ie. SHORT letter, outlining your wishes in a polite and professional manner -- and most importantly, please point out the online petitions at BattlestarGalactica.com)

Here is the gist of the situation so far:

The Scifi Channel has announced that it will be producing a new �Battlestar Galactica� show, under the direction of producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore (�Roswell�, �Mission: Impossible 2�).

The show is to be a remake of the original TV series. This decision disappointed many fans who would rather see a sequel.

Some details about the remake�s script have leaked into the Internet. The changes proposed in it have further enraged the �Galactica� fans, who feel that they are disrespectful to the original series � for instance, Starbuck is now going to be a woman! �, and also trivial and full of clich�s.

A few websites have had the privilege of reading the full script as well. Their reviews are not ancouraging.

Please spread the word if you know anyone who might be interested. Thank you for your time.

[ February 12, 2003, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

IP: Logged
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Solarflare", huh?

First time I heard that one.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where is a petition for "yes?"

Because I am very much in favor of Mr. Moore working again.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also am eagerly looking forward to seeing what Mr. Moore is working on... I feel that he might have been able to develop an original premise instead of doing a remake -- but then, a lot of people think that "Star Trek: The Next Generation" is a lot better than the original "Star Trek."

And since when have any business executives actually paid attention to online petitions, anyway? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to temporarily lock down this thread so that I can get some others' opinions on whether this is spam or not. I'm kinda at a lost here. I'll reopen this thread once I hear from the higher-ups. In the meantime, solarflare, feel free to start a new thread on why you think the new Battlestar Galactica series will be less than stellar. Just try to lay off the links to the petitions if you do. Thanks.

Update: Yeah, this is spam. The thread's staying closed.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps