Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Everyone's a critic.

Author Topic: Everyone's a critic.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not all of us who build models are great modelers. Some of us don't need to be told that. But there are better ways of saying it.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Marc Xavier
Member # 1008

- posted      Profile for Marc Xavier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
K. replies like that arent necessary. A well placed "lets see you do better" would be apropriate.

--------------------
The Furry Conflict, Star Trek vs. Star Wars with a unique twist...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God.
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik, what model was he talking about anyways?

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking as a modeler I have to say:
I dig your models.
Funny you should mention Dave Merriman: did he send you that E-Mail? He's been asked not to return to many boards and Wonderfest itself for just that kind of senseless bashing.
Whoever sent you that E-Mail was just a total dick.
If someone wants to critique your work, they at least need to do it in a positive light and offer methods of improving your work.
I hope this won't prevent you from enjoying modeling or sharing your models with the rest of us.
I'd be very intrested in seeing this mystery critic of yours try to make a nice 2500th model (the detail and small scale is daunting for many modelers). [Roll Eyes]

I'm amazed that I've not gotten some of the same hatemails like this one and I can only encourage you to post your work at the SSM website and get some real feedback on your work from other 2500th modelers.
It's helped my own work greatly. (I'm not the best painter either!)
Don't let fuck-o's like this get ya down. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Furry conflict, eh?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bold words from a Transformer that could'nt even use the Matrix. [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treknophyle: It was basically everything I've ever built. Back in November, I sent stuff to John Lester to the SM gallery & it had only recently been put up due to backlog.

Jason: It wasn't Merriman. Merriman would never deign to speak to a "mere kit assembler" such as me. No, it was Mike Paquette, (AKA TnkeWnke), who I understand has been banned from the SM fourms for similar personal attacks.

He'd sent me another one after the 2nd batch of pictures was posted. Fuck him. I made my reasons clear to him & he can bite me for all I care. I build for ideas. Granted, I'd love to see some of the graphic artists here handle my works, but then who wouldn't, & I'm not a bugger. Or a buggerer. Yes.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Ah. I was afraid it was Tnke.
He's got severe emotional problems and has been banned at PC modeler (just this week!), Cultman, Starshipmodeler and pretty much all online modeling forums...his own work is certainly not better than yours and he only was a member for some kind of emotional crutch...he very rarely built anything and never an original design like you have.
John's a great guy and your stuff will eventually be in the gallery...although the backlog for anyone is usually a couple of months.
Lots of submissions there.
Ever thought of building any of the designs made here on Flare?
The Imhotep tug looks intresting....hmmmmm...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still waiting to see you make a 2500th scale cutaway Enterprise.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yeah! I'll make the decks from tissue paper!
I'll send it to you: go wait by your mailbox untill it arives! [Big Grin]
If you get hungry, just hold up a sign that reads: "waiting for hell to freeze over" and I'm sure someone will feed you....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, I bet you could do it, just use a laser etching tool to scribe out the decks. The boys at MIT can assymble molecules int the shape of a car, how much harder can it be to make a little bitty warp core?

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Marc Xavier
Member # 1008

- posted      Profile for Marc Xavier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Furry conflict, eh?"

Yeah, that's my site. I'm the webmaster and I run things over there.

--------------------
The Furry Conflict, Star Trek vs. Star Wars with a unique twist...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps