Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$$$ Just saw The Animatrix at the movies!

Author Topic: $$$$ Just saw The Animatrix at the movies!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoilers ahead for all 9 chapters of the Animatrix:

WOW! I went and saw the Animatrix last night at the movies. All 9 'chapters' together including "The Final Flight of the Osiris". VERY VERY VERY VERY cool. The final chapter was done in 3d effects realism and done by the Final Fantasy people - but you can really tell they've improved their craft 100 fold. It was very impressive. Just one thing I don't think they've got 2 things down-pat. 1. Lip-movements. 2. Gravity - i.e. sometimes it looks as if the characters are walking/running strangely - and no I don't mean "Matrix-style"! [Smile]

It's kinda ironic - they have one of the most realistic computer generated movies as a prelude to the Matrix 2 about virtual reality worlds.

Just some other questions - I missed like the first minute or two I think. When I sat down it had some ruffians beating up a robot girl - basically ripping her to pieces - then it showed more and more humans against robots etc. How much did I miss. (This was in the first Chapter).

Something else - what was that 'gold and coloured hair' human-looking thing that was appearing near the 'pods' in the second part - once the machines had taken over... It reminded me of the 'virtual world' that they used in the 7th? chapter to get the "Runner" robot on the side of humans out of choice.

Also in that episode - does the matrix also have all the world's animals hooked up? Where'd they get 'Baby' the Lemur?

OH and what happened to Lika that girl's cat in the 3rd? chapter? Did she escape the Matrix? (The cat I mean?)

And in "World Record" did that runner overcome his disability - or only for a short moment?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only saw what is on the website. I think you missed a part of The Second Renaissance part 1, which is fully downloadable from www.intothematrix.com

Final Flight of the Osiris ROCKS from what I've seen from the bits in the trailer. The Square team really should make a full length Matrix movie!

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't matter - I just got back from seeing it all again. I think the first minute is crucial!! The whole thing with the robot. And that etheareal spirit is the Zion Mainframe. Got it [Smile]

I got a little poster when I got my ticket - free. It says that the Animatrix DVD and soundtrack will be out in June.

I started to fall asleep (I've had a big weekend) at about "Mainframe" which is a very dreamy 'chapter'. "Woke" again during Final Flight of the Osiris. SO COOL. Does anyone think that the pilot looks like the 'main guy character' from "Final Fantasy"?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, most of those were straight out of Final Fantasy. In fact, you can here Steve Buscemi use his voice for the same dopey guy as in Final Fantasy. Also, the black guy (pardon my non-pc-ness) is the same one who got stuck in the buggy in Final Fantasy.

I hear they are planning to make them digital actors, meaning they may turn up in more stuff.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some fun Animatrix cast-trivia.

John DiMaggio, Futurama's "Bender", played a crewman in "Osiris" and the guy who unplugs Cis (the samurai girl) in episode "Program".

Even funnier, Cis' Samurai sparring partner in the same episode was played by Phil LaMarr, Futurama's "Hermes Conrad" (and Samurai Jack).

And all lines with Neo and Trinity were from Reeves and Moss themselves.
I could hear it was her in "Detective Story", on that special way she drags on her S-sounds. :-)

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you in the UK Final Flight of the Osiris is on Five at 23:35 on Wednesday (21st).

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps