Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Order of the Phoenix! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Order of the Phoenix!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, strictly speaking, they're "young adult" books.

It is now nearly 11p.m. BST, and amazon.co.uk still have not shipped my copy of the book. Fortunately, I got it form the library today, but it's the US version.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merde! I prepare a long, witty response sarcastique d'extraordinnaire to grind his preconceptions to dust and what happens at la moment supreme? *crash*

Move in for the kill, Snay.

[ June 21, 2003, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Cartmaniac ]

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. How dare he assume that you're all grown men [Wink]
aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can all bitch and moan as much as you want, there's no denying the fact that the books were written for children. It's pretty sad that you all have the absolute lack of anything resembling a life. Lets talk at your level shall we? Sucks to be you!
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's no denying the fact that the books were written for children.

Just at a guess, I'd say that Madam Rowling doesn't really care who, specifically, reads them, so long as she makes another hundred mil.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You can all bitch and moan as much as you want, there's no denying the fact that the books were written for children. It's pretty sad that you all have the absolute lack of anything resembling a life. Lets talk at your level shall we? Sucks to be you!
And today Aneu-I'mafuckingbitchwhopostsonascififorumwebsiteandtellsotherpeopletheydon'thaveanylivesbecausemyshitdon'tstink-ureism made the #1 spot on the list of people Snay would most like to fuck up the ass with a splintered, petrified oak tree.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You seem a bit stressed.
ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey... Im too lazy to read the book. Anybody want to tell me about it?

Kinda like when my dad used to tell me stories (about him beating up a bear no less). [Big Grin]

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I'm just sick and tired of these little snobs who label "Harry Potter" as a 'children's book' and deride those who enjoy 'em. Y'know what? Tom Clancy's stuff is 'adult', which essentially means that its a technical manual with characters. What our little "I want an oak tree in my anus" friend fails to realize is that Harry Potter is not The Berenstein Bears with wizards, but rather a compelling series of stories with characters and situations more appealing, more "escapist" if you will, then what can usually be found in so-called 'adult' fiction.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez calm down. Hit a sore spot didn't I? Feel free to indulge in your pleasure. I just think it's pretty sad. You need to take it a bit less seriously.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

You know what I think is pretty sad?

You coming in here saying that you think people who like Harry Potter are 'sad.' I think it's 'sad' that you don't have a life to the extent that you come in here to bash people who like Harry Potter. I think it's 'pretty sad that you have the absolute lack of anything resembling a life' giving you the time to wander into this forum and start talking trash.

I think it's a damn shame when you (I don't know if you're an adult or not) think you have the right to start talking about what people should or should not enjoy, and that you can determine who has a life and who doesn't based on that.

As a matter of fact, I DON'T have a life. I work two jobs 60-70 hours a week. During the school year, I go to school full time and work THREE jobs. I don't have TIME to have a life, and if you want to be a fucking asshole about what I choose to do with what very little and precious free time I have, that's abosofuckinglutely NOT fine with me, and you can come over and perform oral sex on me until your jaw is fucking rusted shut for all I care, but all I want to hear out of you is that, yes, you recognize you're a stupid shit, and yes, you won't bash Harry Potter and those who enjoy Harry Potter even if you personally don't, and, oh yes, you won't complain if the door smacks you in the ass on your way out.

FUCK MAN, can't you JUST FUCKING LET ME HAVE A LITTLE FUCKING ENJOYMENT EVERY NOW AND THEN WITHOUT COMING IN HERE GOING ALL "WOW LOOK AT ME I'M A RETARTED LITTLE FUCK BUT YOU LIKE HARRY POTTER SO I'M GOING TO BOOST MY SELF ESTEEM A LITTLE FUCKING BIT?"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This aneurysm guy is a bit of a dink.

This Snay guy is a bit of a dink.

Problem solved, according to the master.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aneurysm:
Its a shame when a group of grown men go out and read CHILDREN'S BOOKS.

By that same token, I suppose it's a damn shame that I watch X-Men Evolution, Futurama, Family Guy, Zoids, SpongeBob SquarePants, Kim Possible, and Zoids New Century Zero. After all, they're all cartoons aired on such epitomes of cable television such as Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel.

So, how about we do this, aneurysm? We let those individuals who wish to discuss Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in peace, and you can take your comments and stuff them in the nearest rubbish bin.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, honestly, watching "X-Men: Evolution" and "Spongebob Squarepants" is rather sad...

But I jest (barely). To address the issue at hand... On one side, we have people who read literature which, perhaps, was targeted mainly at an audience slightly younger than themselves.

On the opposing side, we have someone who spends his time on an Internet science-fiction message board complaining about strangers' tastes in literature.

I'll leave it up to the reader to decide which side of the debate has found far too little productive outlet for its spare time.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Oh, by the way, that does mean "stop, please".
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps