Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Olmos Torpedoes BSG remake marketing campaign (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Olmos Torpedoes BSG remake marketing campaign
Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I remember the novel by Glen A. Larson and Richard Thurston correctly, Imperious Leader wore a dried reptile-like dead Cylon head over the top of his real head. Something like the Imperious Leader has more credibility if he assumed the appearance of their creator race that they annihilated long ago.

I also seem to remember that the Imperious Leader model had three brains, the Lucifer-style had two brains, and the silver and copper(gold) colored Centurions had just one. Can't remember what name they gave to these mechanical brains, I don't think they ripped off Asimov and called them positronic brains. But I just don't remember.

Also I seem to remember that in the book Baltar was beheaded during an audience with Imperious Leader, part of that "Your time is at an end" speech by IL. And I remember a photo of a very worried looking John Colicos with a sword at his throat from the "Battlestar Galactica: The Photostory" book, which was a collection of stills from the movie with dialogue balloons so the story of the film could be told like a comic book.

They also mention in the book that his body was dumped into space with the other garbage from the Basestar using an airlock.

I think they decided to add the "You will be spared" scene in the BSG movie later when ABC approved the television series.

Boy I wish I hadn't gotten rid of this stuff over the years. [Frown] Never knew I would need to refer to it when discussing a Battlestar Galactica remake.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I wuill take Olmos advice, as I was planning on skipping it anyway. Nice to se someone stand up and tell it like it is for a change. So rare in Hollywood.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps