Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » A "Farscape" tidbit goes *CLICK!*

Author Topic: A "Farscape" tidbit goes *CLICK!*
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the entire fourth season. Not that there's been much of an opportunity lately...)

Okay, this is almost completely random, but pretty darned cool, IMO.

Remember how apparently random and out of the blue Stark's knowledge of Katratzi seemed in those last few episodes of the fourth season? I was really thrown off when Scorpy revealed that he'd been mind-frelling Stark in order to get the location of Katratzi all along, way back in the first season when we were on the Gammak Base.

I watched the reruns on Sci-Fi yesterday, specifically the episodes where we meet Scorpy, and I just realized something. During the firefight on the roof of the base, John and Stark swap stories about what they were hiding from the Aurora Chair. And Stark says, "the memory of a place I saw as a boy."

The obvious assumption is that Stark was talking about that peaceful scene that he showed Crichton and Gilina to calm them down when they were hurting. But nope, those sneaky writers slipped it right past us -- he was probably talking about Katratzi!

Yeah, this isn't really a major revelation since the #%*&#$ Sci-Fi execs cancelled the show, but I still think it's pretty cool to realize that ALL of this was planned so far in advance. In a way it's even better than "Babylon 5," because with B5 we knew in advance that there was a major plan for the series, and with "Farscape" they kinda slipped it under our radar!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OR, the writers just make crap up as they go, but unlike MOST writers, they're REAL good at it. I've never been quite sure which. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that's what I thought at first, too. [Wink]

Except that in that case, wouldn't Stark have said "that really pretty place I showed you before" instead?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well you could write a whole series like that: being so vauge that you could just make it up as you go along and later on say "oh yeah that thing I refered to along time ago, thats what this new thing I am talking about now is."

Somehow I don't think that's the case here. If anything this was something at least thought out as a minor plot point, but mostly just a background of Stark's.

Personally I'd like to think that O'bannon is just an incredible story-teller and he's so meticulous that he leaves no stone unturned. But thats just me, because its like a Farscape viewing enhancer. [Smile]

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well you could write a whole series like that: being so vauge that you could just make it up as you go along and later on say "oh yeah that thing I refered to along time ago, thats what this new thing I am talking about now is."

For a good example of this phenomenon, please refer to "The X-Files" [Wink]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that whole "Fluke-Man" episode really saved the day from alien colonization. [Big Grin]

Will they ever tie up that particular series?
I know theres no hope for Farscape (not as long as Sci Fi channel id under it's current ownership, anyway).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, maybe.
IIRC X-Files already had its series finale, but I don't recall it settling much of anything aide from blowing up some characters.

However, I really doubt that Fox will just let the series die completely, perhaps another movie? Who knows.

In a way its annoying, both Chris Carter and Matt Groening kind of gave indication that they wanted to get out while the going was good. (with X-Files and The Simpsons) Then both got stuck with their old shows which went downhill while their new shows (Futurama, Harsh Realm, Lone Gunmen) with actual new ideas got cancelled.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except that the Simpsons only went about half a mile down the hill, which still meant that it had a better view of the surroundings than most other TV shows.

The X-Files, on the other hand, went from the peak, to the small little soveneir shop resting at the bottom. Of the wrong mountain. And it smelled of poo.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps