Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The Battlestar? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Battlestar?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enterprise D was a radical departure though: this just looks like a bad fan design from the sketch.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BSG was a mainstay of my childhhod television experience, along with TOS, so if it is screwed up it will be sad....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I don't understand is why would they want to redesign Galactica? As I understand, Vipers remained unchanged and we will be told that they are 'old' Vipers (and new types of fighters will be there, too), so why this reasoning could not be applied to the Galactica as well?

It's not like there's something wrong with Galactica design... To me, it still looks great and convincing.

(and Starbuck as a woman? Puhleeeze...)

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the Vipers are partly redesigned too.
They're not as sleek: thicker in the fuselage mainly.
Also, the new Vipers are spotless- with wax coating.
I shit you not: ZERO weathering. No grease, dirt or anything that could make the prop look actually "in use".

There's also an "advanced viper" tat looks a bit like Richard Hatch's Scarlett Viper.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... like Teal'c would say, "Indeed." So they redesigned Vipers too.

Although that wax coating is kinda understendable - they are museum pieces, after all [Smile]
Let's see how they'll look after couple of episodes.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I preferred the old viper design. Big and Ugly in that beautiful sort of way.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Pwesty
Member # 1035

- posted      Profile for Pwesty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys
I was just wondering why Ron Moore refuses to take BG from where it left off in 1978 but update from here forward instead up this stupid revision crap? Anybody hear on what his thinking is away, or is it that he had a idea for his own story new he couldn�t get I sold and instead he hijacked BG .
Thanks

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably because the 1978 show was nigh unwatchable, and he'd like to, you know, try and put out a watchable product. It being TV and all.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TV has to be watchable now?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Partly, it's a fued between BG's owner (whose name I cant remember to save my life) and Richard Hatch (who's been pushing a fan film he produced that takes place 15 years after the series).

Hatch's version sounds a hell of a lot better and keeps the main characters around but older and Apollo's in charge after Adama went to the big Alpo commercial in the sky.

No hot female terminator Cylons though, so there'd be no sci-fi channel obligatory sex scenes to throw in for cheap ratings.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No hot female terminator Cylons though, so there'd be no sci-fi channel obligatory sex scenes to throw in for cheap ratings.
So when "Enterprise" goes buh-bye its a great bet that Sci-fi will pick it up and continue it. Are ears the only things pointy on Vulcan females?

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist:
Are ears the only things pointy on Vulcan females?

From "Broken Bow," we know that Vulcans do indeed have other pointy body parts. Or that the decontamination chamber is maintained at an invigorating 45 degrees Farenheit.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

It's not that the decon chamber is cold, just that the decon gel is specially formulated for her pleasure.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with jason, I like how the new show is looking. From the look of their web page, they're putting a lot of work to help us relate to it.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Here are screenshots from the new BSG series:
http://www.galactica2003.net/Images/bgalactica2.jpg

http://www.galactica2003.net/Images/bgalactica.jpg

http://www.galactica2003.net/articles/index.htm

Galactica looks like it's still under construction or had a bad fire or something....but that IS how they made it. [Confused]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps