Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Crusade appears on TNT tonight (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Crusade appears on TNT tonight
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3.) Whoopie! Ok, let's look at it another way. Roddenberry has essentially created a media juggernaut. JMS has a comic book coming out.

And Lucas? I wouldn't be surprised if he goes the way of L. Ron Hubbard.

4.) Actually, I think we're coming from vastly difference reference frames here. I take your data as proof of my point. B5 better than 12 Monkeys? Not bloody likely. (Though I am partial to Gilliam.)

Besides, The First One is right. Dark City should be the front runner for any award. Insurrection was fun, but it doesn't really deserve anything special.

------------------
"Gone savage for teenagers with automatic weapons and boundless love."
--
Soul Coughing

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it last night. God it stunk. Stunk Stunk Stunk.

You guys call those good VFX? ReBoot's battle sequences are more compelling. They were a huge step backwards from B5.

This Gideon guy makes Sinclair look dynamic. God he's dreadful. Sure they didn't recast the role with a totem pole or something?

And the Drahk? They are so damn campy it wreaks havok on any sort of sci-fi credibility the show has. The makeup makes them look like something out of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

The gunfight was pathetic, whatever happened to the cool weapon SFX we saw on B5?

Dialog was usual JMS crap. Only this time, there wasn't an inkling of acting talent helping it to come out in a somewhat believable manner.

Don't get me started on the music. A bastardization of lame-ass poser-techno and the standard majestic sci-fi score run backwards through an amplifier.

Any sense of maturity that JMS's scifi occasisionally showed in B5 is gone. This is campy. Next week I bet they'll visit a planet where somebody will be turned into a gigantic carrot.

Suffice to say, Crusade makes B5 look positively regal. And if you know what I think of B5, that's hardly a complement.

------------------
"A Star Wars picture that preaches against greed is a little like Bill Clinton in the pulpit for a chastity-begins-at-home campaign."

-Rex Murphy on Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

[This message was edited by The_Tom on June 13, 1999.]

Dan
Member # 129

- posted      Profile for Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here, I bagged this from jms before brodcast started here in the US:

My take on #1 is that this is the weakest of the bunch, because this is the only one written at the behest of TNT; it's exposition heavy, too much swaggering macho stuff, no real depth, just stuff
blowing up. The ones that follow are much better.

jms

------------------
Daniel Henderson
Senior Babylon 5 Editor
http://www.myrkr.com

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps