Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » LotR:RotK NO SPOILERS IN HERE PLEASE (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LotR:RotK NO SPOILERS IN HERE PLEASE
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
I just can't imagine Richard Dean Anderson in a feature movie, he's so one-dimensional.
They could say he died in a gruesome lavatory accident at the base!

The Incredibles I'm looking forward to.

You leave RDA out of this!!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Angelina Jolie in a uniform and giant evil robots. What more could you possibly want?

Tomb Raider to have never been made.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And Spider-Man 2? Unlike certain other forum members, who are no doubt descending on this thread like an angry meteor as I speak, I didn't mind the first one.
Actually, I wasn't going to say anything. Except I'm sure it'll be better than the first one. It couldn't be much worse. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, call Anderson one-dimensional if you will, but he plays O'Neill perfectly.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He plays a character that looks and sounds exactly like him perfectly? Well, that's a stretch.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And why not? Shatner has been doing just that for nearly 40 years now. [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matter of fact, most actors play characters that look and sound exactly like them. Little-known fact.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
He plays a character that looks and sounds exactly like him perfectly? Well, that's a stretch.

WTF? How else can you play someone?? You are going by how Jack O'Neill comes across. Jack O'Neill although superficially he is quite shallow - has a lot of depth - if that makes sense. If you are trying to say that he's just copying the "Stargate" character performed by Kurt Russell - clearly you have not watched more than 2 episodes of Stargate-SG1. Richard Dean Anderson has taken a character in a movie played by someone else and truly made it his own. He's simply fantastic as O'Neill.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

*sigh* I know. I was referring to the "he plays O'Neill perfectly" comment. Because any character is half writing and half actor, it's pretty hard for them not to play them correctly, especially when you've got no-one else to compare them too.

Now, if we're talking about recasted parts, then yeah, that's different. Or a character who already exists in some "mythological" (hnng) way, such as, say, Batman. You can say that George Clooney was an aawful Batman, or that Kevin Conroy is a brilliant Batman, but you can't really say that Patrick Stewart was a great Picard.

And I've never seen Stargate. So there.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought Richard Dean Anderson was playing Keannu Reeves who was in fact brilliantly portraying a piece of driftwood.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Yes. No. I don't know.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Yes. No. I don't know.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You can say that George Clooney was an aawful Batman, or that Kevin Conroy is a brilliant Batman.
You can indeed and you'd be right.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Omega
Member # 91

*This post made no sense after Reverands and has been stricken*

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Initially posted by AndrewR:
"I had this wierd feeling... I remember watching the original internet preview - the very first LotR preview and how the end it had FotR: Christmas 2001, TTT: Christmas 2002 and RotK: Christmas 2003... and I clearly remember thinking to myself... omg 2003!!
That is SO far away. I remember in 2000 awaiting for the new cinemas to be built at the local shopping centre and thinking - this time next year I'll be able to come here and watch the Fellowship!!
And now it's nearly over.

Time Flies."

Yes, and I mourn the end of the saga just like I always mourn the turn of the last page in a good book; reading the last Dune-book and finishing the eulogy over Frank Herbert really had an impact on me. This is ten times worse...

But as Mr Lincoln said, this too shall pass. I'm really looking forward to the DVD, how long do you people think they will take before releasing ROTK on DVD?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps