Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » I'm depressed :( {Possible Spoilers - Return of the King} (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm depressed :( {Possible Spoilers - Return of the King}
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Australia finally got The Return of the King on Boxing Day (Dec 26th) and I saw it at the first session. I absolutely adored it and could have easily sat there for another 2 and a half hours. Now I feel that some sort of post-LOTR depression has set in. Anyone else feel sad that it is over? I guess there is the extended ROTK DVD and the possibility of The Hobbit on the way.

{Added spoiler warning to title. Just in case. And I also added the movie name for the spoilers. TSN did that whole "common sense" thing again. -- Siegfried}

[ December 28, 2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you needed a whole new thread to tell us this? One that might come to contain spoilers which we'd have no warning of since you don't even mention what you're on about in the title? HOW long have you been here, exactly?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyday is a new day for him from what I have gathered.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the spoilers he's revealed in his post were the movie's length and the fact that it's the final installment.
Hope those didint blow it for you Lee. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that Lee was commenting about the fact that the thread could easily come to contain spoilers, such as "Yeah, I know what you mean. I wish the part where Merry and Pippin united into a gestalt entity capable of crushing puny humans had gone on forever", and that we wouldn't know about them, since the thread title gives no indication of, well, anything.

Or possibly he's just in his usual bad mood. Tsk. And he wonders why Tom was scared of him.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez, as soon as Christmas is over the joy and goodwill towards all mankind go back in the box and packed away with the tree and decorations. Or in my case, it gets kicked in the balls and iced for a few hours.

Anyway, AndrewR isn't asking for spoilers or trying to launch a spoiler-laden discussion of The Return of the King. He just wants to see who else is like him: depressed that it's all over and that there is nothing left to see (unless Jackson decides to tackle The Bobbit next).

However, this could easily turn into another sort of "I'm Depressed" thread if a Tolkien fan who hated Jackson's movies comes in here.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANKyou Siegfried! There is ANOTHER spoiler laiden thread here - I'm, yes, talking/wondering whether anyone else is in a similarly depressed state?

And was "The Bobbit" a deliberate typo Siggy? [Smile] LOL!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that's a hell of a Freudian slip.

As for being depressed about the conclusion of The Lord of the Rings, I'm not at the moment. Then again, I've only seen The Fellowship of the Ring so far. By the time I do finally get to see all of the trilogy, I suppose that I'd probably be wanting a bit more. Not really depressed so much as a bit hungry for another morsel. We shall see, though.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"(unless Jackson decides to tackle The Bobbit next)"

Would that be The Hobbit: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut? B)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew are: "Now I feel that some sort of post-LOTR depression has set in. Anyone else feel sad that it is over? I guess there is the extended ROTK DVD and the possibility of The Hobbit on the way."

I know what you mean, fortunately I've heard rumors that there will be well over an hour of extended scenes in the ROTK:EE DVD.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee: To be fair, if someone were to start posting spoilers in here, it wouldn't be Andrew's fault. It'd be the fault of whoever posted them.

Siegfried: Isn't it a little useless to add a spoiler warning, and not explain what the potential spoilers are for? "Don't read this thread if you don't want to be spoiled about what depression is like", I suppose.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Well, TSN, it's much more fun for people to figure what the spoilers are for.

Okay, you're right, I goofed and forgot to put the movie's name in the title. I've fixed it now.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much better. Keep up this kind of work, and there may be a pay raise in your future...
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you keep having to watch over his shoulder while he works, shouldn't it be a pay cut?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whereas I have functioned as an autonomous being for many years now, so I am due for a promotion.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps