Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Bad FOTR captions...

Author Topic: Bad FOTR captions...
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stumbled upon this gem and felt I had to share.
Here follows a series of memorable captions from a particularily hasty bootleg of "Fellowship of the Ring".

-

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You think that's bad, then you should have seen the subtitles on a pirate copy of Two Towers I borrowed last year.
They made no sense whatsoever. I think someone just played it back to an old voice dictation program and didn't bother to correct it, it was really terrible.
it looks like they did much the same here, but with a better program.
This is why I don't buy pirates, it's not worth putting up with poor quality and no features for the sake of seeing a movie a few months early.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Zero Wing fuck has been at it again, hasn't he? B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently the chinese are to blame. It was translated from english to chinese and back into english.

Yes, I'd heard someone had made a page dedicated to the bootleg TTT-subtitles too, but the link I got was dead. It's being looked-into.

Nim
Member # 205

Here we go!

-

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wait a minute... nah...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is just wrong... *shiver* at least I can work it out that "I" should have been "you" but the next scene... !?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
Member # 205

It sounds like straight out of a Randy West feature film.
A warg/dwarf oral gratification scene would most likely bring about spontaneous planetary combustion, though. Poof, just like that.

I can just picture God, listening in.
"What the hell are they doing? It's-this isn't going anywhere. It's just a waste of time, waiting for mankind to shape up", God'll say.

Or Ent-sex. *imagines dark rumbling grunts and saxophone music* Ra-hoom-raaaagh! Ngh!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps