Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » [$] Angel Series Finale [$]

Author Topic: [$] Angel Series Finale [$]
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is: Huh?

Well actually I can say more than that. Having not watched much of Angel since the episode when Holtz kidnapped Connor and took him to an alternate dimension I was a little lost. Like WTF happened to Fred. What few episodes I did see recently included Lindsey posing as Doyle to guide Spike.

So anyways... Wes dies, Lindsey is killed by Lorne, and a shit ton of demons come out of nowhere then the end. No Angel getting his humanity back, no happy ending. It looks like it should have a part 2 or something.

Are they hoping UPN will pick it up like they did Buffy? Anyway, when the radio commercial says the secret of Angel's soul will be revealed I was pretty disappointed with the episode.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
Like WTF happened to Fred.

Fred was infected by Illyria, one of the Old Ones (ancient primal demons referenced way back in Buffy's series premiere). Yes, infected. The virus-like demon killed Fred and assumed her shape. Well, sort of. She's obviously blue. And into leather. She had uber-strength and could stop time for a few episodes, but all that power threatened to blow up Illyria (and half of Los Angeles, if I recall correctly), so Wesley zapped her with some ray gun and channeled most of her power into some alternate dimension.

quote:
So anyways... Wes dies, Lindsey is killed by Lorne, and a shit ton of demons come out of nowhere then the end. No Angel getting his humanity back, no happy ending. It looks like it should have a part 2 or something.
In some ways, it's a cliffhanger. In some ways, it isn't. It's the perfect ending to have Angel and Co. up against an entire army of the Senior Partner's goons. Sure, I'd like to know how it turned out at some point, but I almost don't need to. At the very least, Angel's finale was a lot better than Buffy's.
quote:
Are they hoping UPN will pick it up like they did Buffy?
No, UPN is not picking up Angel, nor is any other network to my knowledge. WB has left open the possibility of TV-movies, but I wouldn't count on that.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David Boreanaz said he doesn't want to do made-for-TV Angel movies, and I don't blame him. There comes a time when a vampire who doesn't age but still manages to look like he does needs to be put down, and that time has since passed. Maybe we'll see him in other movies, expanding his acting beyond the character of Angel and whoever he played in that shitty movie Valentine. I enjoyed the finale very much, but the WB's "thank you" bit at the end was just lame.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO - after 4 years... I've finally watched the series finale of Angel!

I liked it. Bittersweet. I can't believe it took so long for me to watch it.

I guess I could always think that the show hadn't finished. [Smile]

Now to find and watch the last episode of The X-Files and Dark Angel! LOL!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now go read After the Fall.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a mammoth Buffy/Angel series watch-a-thon a little while back, and I thought the same about the series finale, very apt. After a year working with the enemy, to turn around and fight the epic fight at the end.

As for After the Fall, I haven't read it yet, but read some articles about it on a wiki somewhere. A very dramatic change in it, I wonder if the story would have been like that if Angel had gone on for another series on TV.

Now where's that "Thread Revive" pic. [Wink]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahah! Great!

It DID have it's purpose, though. [Smile]

After The Fall eh? I'll have to check it out.

I liked Angel's line "I'd like to take on the the Dragon" or what ever it was. [Smile]

Maybe they could have a spin off: "Angel: The Dragonslayer" [Big Grin]

It was SO sad with Fred at the end. Y'know It's been 4 years since I've watched Angel... yet it's all still pretty fresh in my mind.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps