Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Day After Tomorrow - Geology and Science Kvestion... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Day After Tomorrow - Geology and Science Kvestion...
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone think of any positive effects or results that the storm in the movie might've created? In the aftermath, I mean.
Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No more mosquitos and cicadas.

...and yeah, I know they serve a purpose. They are just rather irritating.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, all central american debt was forgiven, is that good?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, because the US needed to move their people there? Was that it?

I wonder if the storm and ensuing instant-winter "cleaned out" the atmosphere and smog and such, giving the northern hemisphere a gigantic "car wash"? Is this plausible?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Can anyone think of any positive effects or results that the storm in the movie might've created?"

The acceleration of the extinction of the human race?

Wait, was that too cynical?

Nim
Member # 205

AVAILABLE RESPONSES:

1: NO

2: COME BACK LATER

3: FUCK YOU ASSHOLE

4: MAYBE

5: >YES<

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim the Fanciful:
Can anyone think of any positive effects or results that the storm in the movie might've created? In the aftermath, I mean.

Big boom for the heater business. ALthough that'd be offset by the crash in demand for air conditioning.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps