Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Plot for Spiderman 3 (POTENTIAL Spiderman 1 and 2 $POILERS!!) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Plot for Spiderman 3 (POTENTIAL Spiderman 1 and 2 $POILERS!!)
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$SPOILERS!!$

In Spiderman 2, the scene where Harry discovers his father's hidden compartment is where he finds the Goblin Glider. Now one question baffles me: how did the Glider get there? Spiderman couldn't have possibly left it there because if he did, he would have discovered his stash of grenades and decided to get rid of them (and how would he be even able to find it?).

Two possibilities that I can think of:
1) the Glider is designed with an auto return function if for some reason it was abandoned or lost (not possible if Spiderman junked the Glider, which I am thinking he most likely did)

2) the Glider is a second prototype designed by the father but what he never got to use due to his untimely death. (which was never really explained)

What do you think?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OsCorp probably just had several of them for testing purposes.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't see the second movie yet, but either the auto-return or the more-than-one-prototype-from-OsCorp theories work for me.

I'd also say we know who the villain for the third movie will be.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They also showed Curt Connors, AKA The Lizard, so he may make an appearance in the next film as well or in the fourth film.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They also showed Aunt May, who as we all know, was the Hobgoblin.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Gwen who becomes the Black Cat?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bond, James Bond:

Yes, but in the first Spiderman, the woman rushes in saying that "the glider and flightsuit are missing".

She mentioned the one Glider that Oscorp had in development before it was stolen. I'm not sure if I buy the theory that Oscorp had more than one.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was made out of the same material as Voyager's shuttles.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or Daddy Osbourne decided to build a second one just in case Spidy wrecked the first one. Hell, Batman has backup uniforms.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:
quote:
Originally posted by Bond, James Bond:

Yes, but in the first Spiderman, the woman rushes in saying that "the glider and flightsuit are missing".

She mentioned the one Glider that Oscorp had in development before it was stolen. I'm not sure if I buy the theory that Oscorp had more than one.

Wasn't the glider in Spiderman 2 sort of in disrepair with parts hanging out? I could buy the explanation mentioned above that Norman had a backup built from spare parts taken from OsCorp.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that, in the comics, Gwen Stacey got killed by the Goblin.

And wasn't the secretary at the Bugle who paid Peter supposed to be Gwen Stacey in the first movie?

The also mentioned Eddie Brock in the first movie, so hopefully Venom will make and appearance before the franchise fizzles.

As far as a fourth movie goes, Dunst and McGuire are only signed to do three films. So after the third, they'll either have to jack the price, or find new actors, methinks.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't wait till Spider-Man 10: Keep Spiderin'!
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gwen Stacy was NOT the Black Cat, nor has she appeared in the movies. The secretary at the Bugle is Betty Brant. And if Jason was being serious about Aunt May being the Hobgoblin then he is on drugs. Or needs to be.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not serious about May being the Hobgoblin" Ned Leeds (who by then is the abusive husband to Betty Brant) is Hobby.

For about two years in the comics they dropped many misleading hints as to Hobby's true identity and people wrote in with their speculation based on past issues: one fan (no, not me) wrote a very convincing (if implausable) letter explaining how aunt May could indeed be the Hobgoblin and why.

Felcia Hardy was the Black Cat and Gwen (peter's fiance) was killed by the original Green Goblin -he threw her off the brooklyn bridge- just before Peter goes all nuclear on his ass and GG gets impaled on his own glider.

Harry still goes nuts, gets a split personality (thinking he is actually his father) becomes the second Green Goblin.

I had initially thought they had combined Gwen and Felicia but actually the (bueatiful) blonde girl is named Ditkovitch after Spidey co-creator Steve Ditko.

The scene with the blonde girl is kinda akward though...as though there's something edited out.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps