Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Futurama: Final Signs of Life.

Author Topic: Futurama: Final Signs of Life.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being the resident Futurama fan (emeritus), I discovered a newsbyte that fellow fans (and possible revivalists) might like to hear. For one, Season 4[/5] is coming out in August (sadly the last of the last), but, for two, Futurama managed to pick up 2 Emmy nominations last week from beyond the grave! [Big Grin]

Why the fuck Fox doesnt pull their heads out of their asses when it comes to this show (and Family Guy) is beyond me, but obviously it still holds the interest of a lot of people. (Fortunately, I see that Family Guy is being revived as well, possibly starting with new season/episodes as early as this winter.)

Anyway, Futurama managed to pick up nominations for Outstanding Animated Program (for Programming Less than 1hr) for "The Sting" and Outstanding Music & Lyrics for "The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings" (essentially the shows finale). ("Where No Fan Has Gone Before" was a damn good show too, imho!)

Pretty damn good for being dead for a year! [Smile]

FG

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skinjob said: "For one, Season 4[/5] is coming out in August (sadly the last of the last)"

Wait a minute, what are you talking about? I've had the DVD-box of Season 4 for more than six months, the last ep in it being "The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings". Is this box just now becoming available to you?

Or are there more episodes after "Devil's Hands"? *dares not hope*

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, that's it. The fourth and final season comes out for R1 later in August. About bloody freakin' time.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Nim
Member # 205

Agh! You win again, cruel fate!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so how does this work? Season 4 goes:

"A Tale of Two Santas" Episode: #4.2
"Love and Rocket" Episode: #4.4
"A Leela of Her Own" Episode: #4.10
"Where No Fan Has Gone Before" Episode: #4.12

Where are the rest (4.5, 4.6, etc) and/or why are they numbered as such?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps