Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SGA "Suspicion" ($$$)

Author Topic: SGA "Suspicion" ($$$)
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wraith seem to be everywhere they go, so they suspect someone of tipping them off. Naturally, it can't be one of the Earth humans, so they try and find out if it's one of the Athosians.

Where did they get this Security guy, anyway? Not a very likeable character.

The Czeck guy showed up again, for a few seconds, while talking to McKay. They discovered the huge retractible roof over the jumper bay.

They discovered land on Atlantis' planet, a continent that's about 15 million square miles.

You know, I was wondering how they were going to get rid of the kids on Atlantis. The Athosians elected to go to the mainland, and now they're probably going to stay there.

Since the Asgard, Wraith, Goa'uld and probably others have "transporters", when is the Atlantis team going to find theirs? I'm not sure if that "elevator" from a couple of episodes ago was like a turbolift or a transport closet. In any case, I'm talking about long range, non-fixed ones, that would make travel from the base to the mainland easy.

B.J.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One small thing that bugged me about this episode is the scene at the beginning where McKay gets shot in the face with a Wraith stun-gun. There were already shots being fired through the gate. Why did they come through and then just turn around and stare at the gate? McKay wasn't even armed, so it's not like he was going to shoot any pursuing Wraiths.

I realize they were trying to establish the effect of the stun-guns, so that we'd know about them when Sheppard used one on a Wraith later on. But, when they rely on the inexplicable stupidity of otherwise intelligent characters, it's a little annoying.

By the way, wasn't the jail cell seen at the end used before? I thought it might have been from the "SG-1" episode with that human-Goa'uld hybrid girl, but it's not. But I'm pretty sure I've seen it before.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zats > tasers.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Why did they come through and then just turn around and stare at the gate?"

BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT THE GATE LOOKED PRETTY

(Actually that has irked me since, uh, the first time an SG-team came through the gate while under fire and didn't get out of harm's way right away. Even more so because staff weapon blasts > stun weapon blasts. But there you go.)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I'm wondering... since we know that the SGC has adapted Goa'uld and other alien technology on a scale big enough to build their own spaceships, why hasn't anyone tried reverse-engineering a zat yet? Why are the Atlantis people still stuck scrounging around for alien handheld weaponry?

Aside from that nit, though, I loved this episode. I wasn't expecting the resolution they pulled off -- very clever!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The continued presence of zats instead of some generic energy weapon on SG1 indicates that they still have some way to go in miniturizing power sources enough to make handheld weapons practical. I'm sure that a LOT of the Prometheus systems are way bigger and less efficient than alien counterparts - and it's also got a Goa'uld hyperdrive AND Asgard shields. Humans seem to have a better knack at jury-rigging than actually building stuff.

The security guy was in the pilot episode as Sumner's #1 lackey before Sheppard as assigned. I'm liking this continuity of minor background characters who also have lines - there's Grodon and that Asian guy in the control room, and a number of the SFs have been constant since the premiere. I hope they can keep that up.

Now that they're slowly starting to explore this planet, I'm starting to get the feeling that this doesn't have to be the city's home for the suration of the series. If any when they find a ZPM and get access back to Earth, it follows that they'll be able to move the city if need be - to another planet, or even to deep space. When the Wraith eventually find out where they are, sticking around in one place won't make much sense.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, zats aren't the only handheld stun weapons. Intars come to mind.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which we saw... what? Twice?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, though the latter time was in SGC service. i guess they figured out how to make the ammo, at least.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Yeah, but they were using them for training. Since they're the Goa'uld equivalent of paintballs, I doubt we'll be seeing them in any practical field use.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps