Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SG1 "Affinity" ($$$)

Author Topic: SG1 "Affinity" ($$$)
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. At first, this looked like another bottle episode to me. Was I ever wrong! I'm not going to post a synopsis, just questions and things that stuck out for me.

Teal'c finally gets an off-base apartment (as mentioned in a previous episode), and sort of becomes the local superhero. Of course, he's supposed to be keeping a low profile, but he can't stay away from helping others with their problems.

The ex-NID were keeping an eye on Teal'c, because they said he's an alien and is a risk to the planet. However, I don't understand how that links in with the Goa'uld translation they got from Daniel. After they got it, they said it would be too late to stop whatever it was they were doing. Any clues on this one?

The "transporter" the ex-NID used sounded kind of like the Goa'uld rings (we didn't see it), but there was no sound of rings returning to their storage place. Possible they stole someone else's tech, or maybe they improved upon the rings tech.

And a major character development - Sam and Pete are getting married, after Sam took about a month to say yes (which seems to be about how long the episode took). Hopefully Pete won't get killed before they tie the knot!

B.J.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The NID goons wanted the Ancient text translated into Goa'uld in exchange for their proof of Teal'c's innocence (which they had since it was them who framed him for the murder in the first place). What the text was, though, I have no idea.

And the transporter sounded Asgardish, I think.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wondered about the transporter, as well. There was no ring sound, but it glowed yellow/orange like a ringporter, not blue/white like the Asgard's.

And as soon as Carter accepted the proposal, I assumed it meant Pete would be dead within the year.

As for the Ancient translation... Did anyone else notice that they kept referring to it as "symbols"? And they didn't seem to be talking about the Ancient text, but rather the translation. Like when the guy said "we'll know immediately if the symbols are incorrect". So, apparently, when they asked for it to be translated into Goa'uld, they meant original Goa'uld, not transliterated into Roman letters. Not that it matters too much, since they gave no indication yet what it's for. But it's still interesting.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever the ex-NID have (what did they call themselves now?), it seems to be something major.

Minor nit that can be explained: Daniel's computer was briefly hacked into by the ex-NID. On a base like this, their computer network should be completely isolated from the outside world. An explanation could be that Daniel's computer has an outside line and is not linked to the base network, since he uses it for research on non-classified archeology stuff. Another (although more sinister) explanation is that they have someone on the inside, but I would expect them to follow up on that if it were the case.

B.J.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Trust". And you're not supposed to think about how computers work on TV and in movies.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the episode "Seth", they showed Daniel accessing the WWW from inside the base.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps