Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Direction of SG-1 ($$$)

Author Topic: Direction of SG-1 ($$$)
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that BJ isn't the only one creating threads around here. Speaking of which, creating a Stargate forum now, during the last season, would be pointless.

So anyway, after a handful of episodes so far I have to ask. What's the point of this season? Have the Goa'uld and Replicators been defeated? Is Earth and the Asgard safe?

I guess before the series end I'd like to know the mission is complete.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Creating a Stargate forum now is *not* pointless. Even *if* SG-1 is finishing this year - and it may not after all - there is still plenty of stuff left to talk about. Atlantis will likely continue for at least a couple more years (the actors are optioned for six, and I believe they've got two confirmed), there are computer games coming out, continuing novels... And there's strong talk that failing a ninth season of SG-1, an SG-1 miniseries or direct to video movie will happen.

Even if not, people without Showtime who are stuck with syndication (basically everyone without US or UK cable, which includes Canada) will have "new" episodes of SG-1 for at least two years. If any other series besides Trek deserves a forum here, it's Stargate. If it helps any, I'll volunteer to moderate this new forum for at least the duration of SG-1. I've been invited to mod a forum before, and if it means an SG-1 forum here, I'll do it.

Now, to answer your question.. Spoilers through season eight:

Anubis was defeated at the end of season seven, but wasn't killed. He's currently stuck in a frozen body on some ice planet - but there are rumours that this isn't permenant, and that Daniel's post-ascended-ness will come into play later this season to deal with him once and for all. Baal currently is the strongest System Lord left, having approprated much of Anubis' fleet and Kull warriors. He's currently wiping out the remaining System Lords, starting with Camulus. The Replicators were stuck in a time bubble, but recently busted out and narrowly took over the new Asgard homeworld. Now, with a heartbroken Fifth in command with a RepliCarter at his side, they're off to re-build their forces. Rumour again has it that a faction of Replicators will come to our galaxy and be the force that will annihilate the Goa'uld once and for all.

Helps, yes?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have been considered for a mod too, and considering I've been a member since 1999 that'd be pretty cool.

The point is, just how much traffic would a SG forum get after SG-1 is off the air. I can't really see SG:A lasting as long as SG-1. I'm not saying this series is any better or worse than Star Trek series though. I guess I'm trying to say at this point with the primary series wrapping up this season and a spin-off which may or may not be a success in the long run, I can see why there is reluctance to hold off on creating a new forum.

With Baal. I think once he is finished with the System Lords he would come after Earth. And in some spectacular battle be defeated. Hopefully without a fanboy wet dream scene of 100 Prometheus type ships. With the defeat of Baal and the System Lords gone, the rest of the Goa'uld would be lost, the Jaffa free, and everyone lives happily ever after.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fact that a significant number of the Stargate threads that come up on the main forum page have less than 10 posts also isn't overly encouraging.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could Baal come after Earth directly without fear of Asgard intervention? Earth is still a protected planet, no? And even with Anubis' bling bling, he can't possibly think he's more powerful thatn the Asgard.

Though, he is a snappy dresser.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And even with Anubis' bling bling, he can't possibly think he's more powerful thatn the Asgard.

I think you underestimate Anubis's bling bling. (And no, you can't use that as a .sig.) He kicked the crap out of an Asgard ship at least once before.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was that an O'Neill, though, or one of the older "Hammer" models?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The old Belliskner-types haven't been seen in a while. The fleet of ships that were seen destroying the first Replicator vessel were all O'Neil-class. There's that, plus the smaller science/scout ships seen in the same episode.

Remember, Baal and the other Goa'uld are currently staying away from Earth - they believe that Earth still has active Ancient weapons that can destroy any fleet that approaches. They don't know that the trip to Atlantis depleted the ZPM they had, and that they're pretty well defenseless. The Belliskner was whupped by Anubis' new weapons and shields, but at the end of that episode they were bluffed by a trio of O'Neil-class ships into believing that the Asgard had upgraded to be a danger again. However, I do believe that the Goa'uld on the whole don't really believe that the Protected Planets Treaty is in effect anymore. At the end of the sixth season, the Asgard equipped the Prometheus with their own weapons and shields - a clear violation of the Treaty.

And if the mods are reluctant, then I guess we can pollute the "General" SF forum for a couple more years. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps