Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG:TNS 1x03 "Bastille Day" $$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BSG:TNS 1x03 "Bastille Day" $$$
Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just starting the thread to open up the discussions.

Few things:

Apollo is suddenly preaching the holiness of democracy - I sense some partisan politics on the writer's part here. He also reads the books of terrorists. [Wink]

Starbuck is now a crackshot, was this part of the original character in the old series? I mean firing the gun in a fighter is a lot different to being a sniper.

Zereck (sp?) is a total loser who wants to make a martyr of himself just to get back in the public eye, he preaches democracy and justice but is completely self-centred, I wonder how happy Hatch was to get this role...

The marines are kickarse, very cool - finally some effective soldiers that take out the enemy efficiently and without incident.

Ear-biting - it's a very useful fighting technique, but I wouldn't suggest it unless a burly convict is trying to have his way with you, if you do it at work you get banned from your sport for a couple years and come back as a washed out loser. [Cool]

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah those marines where quite nifty!

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it?"

The Doctor and Sgt. Benton, in "The Three Doctors"

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P90 must be one of the most popular sci-fi guns ever.

I found Apollo slightly unnervingly naive at moments.

That one structure Helo and Boomer walked around looked awfully like the Vancouver Public Library.

Six once again seemed really quite eager to help Baltar and rather disapproving of Cylon's genocide of humanity. I wonder when they say the Cylons have a plan, where does Six fall in it?

The new Cylon detector seemed to involve irradiating the subject with emissions from plutonium. I hope simple cell samples would suffice, no point in mass killing sperms right now.

The personal pistol used by Colonial Military is rather confusing. We've seen it rip a hole in someone, punch through Cylon battloid, punch little neat holes in a synthetic human but not hurt the person behind her and now fry rats... Helo seems to be pretty liberal with the ammo, too, maybe it's energy based? Although everything else seemed projectile based.

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to see more of Cylon Occupied Caprica!..or Vancouver. [Smile]

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it?"

The Doctor and Sgt. Benton, in "The Three Doctors"

Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's (the pistol) got 'settings'ala Star Trek phasers - if it is energy based this would make sense, unfortunately everything else is as you say projectile based which casts much doubt on that.

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have a reliable airing schedule for this show to help out a disconnected European?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Marauth
Member # 1320

Erm if you mean when they're shown, they are aired here in the UK on SkyOne on mondays at 8pm GMT and repeated on friday I think at 9pm GMT (not completely sure about the repeat time), there are two more repeats on SkyOneMix but that's just a channel one day behind the times I think they show it on tuesdays and saturdays.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh right. SkyOne. UK. I get it. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm totally out of the loop for news and rumours for this show. How many seasons are planned/confirmed?

--------------------

Marauth
Member # 1320

AFAIK the first season is done - 15 episodes leaving a cliffhanger to be concluded in a second season, I guess it'll be a matter of popularity - if it does well then it will probably go the whole 7 years like most yank shows. I mean it can't possibly do worse than Enterprise can it? And that's made it 4 seasons already. [Roll Eyes]

P.S. IIRC it'll start being shown in Canada and fascist-fundamentalist-land, sorry I meant the US - slip of the tongue - in jan of 2005.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but isn't it being made by Sci-Fi? They don't have a good record. They seem to prefer event broadcasting - highly-promoted miniseries and the like. And what shows they do have they seem to be willing to kill if it allows them to inherit a cancelled show from somewhere else. You wait, they'll kill BSG so they can start making Tru Calling or some shite like that. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt this show is going anywhere unless it fails horribly. SkyOne is backing it with lots of money and the effort being put into it really shows--it's not a low-budget piece of crap like Farscape, Lexx, or Andromeda, for example.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Just seen the episode.

I had the distinct idea that they are writing the President out, and have her replaced by Adama Jr.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the impression that Zarak wouldn't like having a military officer as president. Maybe Billy will be the next president. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Marauth
Member # 1320

ROFL @ Billy being pres ("I like your hair - what a loser, [Roll Eyes] ) maybe they'll have a guy named George, who's surname is rather similar to a rather rude slang term.

I definetly reckon they're writing the Pres out as they know they can't string her along what with the cancer and all (unlike in Eastenders where that guy who got HIV and lived for nearly another 15 years - people tend to die from that in real life you know) but I doubt Zereck will have much to do with the replacement, I read that the actor's only on for a 3 ep. mini-arc, unless they postpone till the second season and get him back to deal with that leftover plotline.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, people can contract HIV and live for a long time. Its contracting AIDS that kills you.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps