Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Halo 2 - Holy Crap!!! (possible spoilers)

Author Topic: Halo 2 - Holy Crap!!! (possible spoilers)
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See it's funny because the covenant is... nevermind.

After a fourteen hour co-op session we still haven't finished. Keep getting distracted by the beautiful scenery. Man, it's just great. Dual wielding is the bomb, yo. Playing as the covenant is also cool.

Anyone else skip work on Tuesday?

bX
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take that as a no.

I finished it already (on easy). Kind of a letdown, really. There are some really cool FMV sequences. And also some profoundly frustrating gameplay. I felt like there was too much runing around in tunnels and dark areas. I really enjoyed the outdoor levels in the first one, and had hoped there would be more of that here. Alas. But overall I really enjoyed it. Reluctant to try it on a harder setting.

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have played the game on Normal and the first level on Legendary. I played Legendary on the first Halo and though I could play this difficulty on Halo 2. Nope. [Frown]

The problem is with the nature of the combat. Weapons aren't powerful enough to kill even a blue elite and on the first level I am fighting against red elites, white elites, and gold elites. In one combat scenario, I attached a plasma grenade onto a white elite which didn't even faze him. It took a full shot of the Needler and automatic weapons fire to bring this elite down.

I don't intend on playing this game again. The only level I truly enjoyed was the Mombasa levels - Outskirt and Metropolis - and I wished more of the game was set in an urban environment on Earth. I mean that was the promotion of this game - Masterchief is fighting the Covenant on Earth and attempting to secure victory for the human race.

The first was the best and required more skills in strategy and tactics. Weapons actually worked and caused damage to an enemy even on the upper difficulties. The Masterchief could take more damage. In Halo 2, a steady stream of fire will wipe the shield meter clean in seconds resulting in a very violent death. You actually can see the MC's blood spurt upwards as he being shot to death. Nice. [Eek!]

Additionally, unlike the first game, the buyer needs X-Box live to access the multiplayer maps. Since I don't have X-Box live and have no intention of buying X-Box live, the game's value for me as a consumer has decreased greatly.

I wished I had known more before I had bought the game. I feel my $50 was wasted on a game in which the campaign was very short and the upper difficulties require a professional gamer to finish and where I can't get even one multiplayer game to play with my family and friends.

bX
Member # 419

The split-screen option works for multi-player without an X-Box Live connection. I've not had an opportunity to connect multiple X-Boxes to the network for multiplayer that way.

I played through a bunch on Normal and found it to be profoundly more difficult. Do the covenant weapons even do ANYTHING against the Flood? I like the sword.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I wished I had known more before I had bought the game."

If only there were sites on the web where you could read reviews about games before buying them. On the web.

(I haven't played it yet, because I am one busy student. And also X-Box-less.)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only guy I knew with an X-Box graduated and moved back home.

(Also, it is disheartening to hear that the level-design has maybe not improved. Run through this nondescript series of corridors! Now run through them again but backwards!)

Anyway, Half-Life 2 comes out in a few weeks.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is quite litterally the best game i've ever played.

ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS LIST

XBL Gamertag: Proteus Opticon

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the preview for Halo 2, though I have no Xbox so I can't play it. Though we did have an Xbox on the ship with the first Halo which I tried playing despite the confusing control.

Seeing the preview reminded me of an idea for a Starcraft 2 game which involved the Zerg human planets leading to Earth requiring an alliance with the Protoss. I'd like to new units for all sides.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

bX
Member # 419

The original Halo is very good, Hobbes. This one has more detailed graphics and seems smoother, although tonight while playing at a friend's we noticed the textures were flashing on as we turned quickly (and there is plenty of turning quickly in the game). Played some multi-player for the first time. Fun!
quote:
Anyway, Half-Life 2 comes out in a few weeks.

I picked mine up tonight.

I'd love to add you to my XBL friends, Wes, but SBC hasn't sent me the Starter Kit they promised yet.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I'm sorry, perhaps my subtle sarcasm was lost in transmission, but nobody has Half-Life 2, because it doesn't exist. Next you'll tell me you've got a playable alpha build of Duke Nukem Forever.

(I REFUSE TO BELIEVE. ALSO I AM KIND OF MAD AT THIS WHOLE STEAM THING.)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps