Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Buttefly Effect (spoilers)

Author Topic: Buttefly Effect (spoilers)
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT. Was a good movie. I didn't see the theatrical cut, but the ending of the director's cut was perfect for the movie. There was about ten minutes of happy in it, and after the first major change he REALLY shouldn't have killed that guy, because otherwise that reality was fine. Except for the vapid frat-boy part, of course, but it was livable. Good stuff.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too watched the Director's Cut, then flipped over to see how the Theatrical Cut ended ... in a word, ugh. They go to a junkyard and burn the notebooks. Ick.

Hey, cool, Carnivale on DVD on the day which will live in infamy.

-

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's way too tight of a shot on Larry Hagman. He should be viewed from much further away. And only with Barbara Eden standing next to him.

I watched the Director's cut of Butterfly Effect and loved the movie. I never saw the theatrical release though. Remind me of the diffeences between the two endings.

I remember that in the DC, he travels back to when he was a fetus and stangles himself so that he's never born, giving the impression (to me anyway) that possibly the same thing happened to the other two aborted pregnacies his mom suffered before him. Then we get a montage of how things happened after he prevented his own birth and everyone turned out very happy.

How does the TR end?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban:

They go to a junkyard and burn the notebooks. Ick.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yes... I read that part. But I'm assuming there's just a little more to it than that... If they just replace the whole "Kelso in the insane asylum goes back to when he was a fetus" scene with "Kelso in the insane asylum and vague other people go to a junkyard to burn the notebooks", I'm quite lost.

Who burned them, and why did they do it? How did they even figure out they were important? Was Kelso still in the asylum? Discuss.

[Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the deleted scenes there was a little something, something of an ending. Was that in the theatrical version? Netflix put a sticker on the disc so we couldn't actually flip it over and watch.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well basically he watched a home movie of a birthday as a child and first met that girl and told her he'd kill her and whatever so she would go live with her mom instead of her dad. So of course, her brother never turns into a psycho and they grow up happy while Kelso and the other fat kid become friends and grow up normal as well. He burns his diaries so he'll never be tempted to try to change things again. Then the final shot is Kelso and the girl passing each other on a busy New York-like sidewalk but she doesn't recognize him.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Got it. Yah... I like the Director's version ending better.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Larry Hagman at Michael Parkinson's, he was delightful. Not at all the Texas crazebuff I imagined, he had fairly sympathetic and constructive views on 9/11, war on terror and other things.

Has a swedish wife, too. Brb.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps