Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The Remans went back in time and infiltrated earth! ("Batman Begins" tiny-$$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Remans went back in time and infiltrated earth! ("Batman Begins" tiny-$$$)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I like this incarnation. It fits the apparant tone of the new movie (which I'm itching to see). The main problem I have with just about every other batmobile design I've seen (the old Batman TAS car included) is that they tend to be a little too focused on form, not so much on function. For a start they're stupidly long, giving a very poor turning circle and tend to have next to no ground clearance. Not exactly an ideal situation when you're tearing around a city at night.

As has been mentioned this is effectivly a "Year One" story, so most of the toys at this point would have to be pretty much off the shelf. Indeed if I recall my crash course in comic book continuity last month, the original batmobile was always an existing vehicle he modified and that it wasn't until later he started designing (or getting someone else to design) a more stylised car.

Incidently, my favourate Batmobile still has to be this baby. [Wink]
One of these days I'm going to pester Axeman into building a mesh of it.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh god I see a CapComp coming in the near future...

Although I do like that shade he's wearing... but not on him. I think it should be lighter.

That thing of a "Batmobile" isn't something I'd have warm fuzzy memories of unlike the Batmobile from the first two movies with Keaton. Then again its styling came from Tim Burton's direction.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend:
quote:
Incidently, my favourate Batmobile still has to be this baby.
That's no car, that's a space station! Or a TIE Fighter. Which direction is it going? *dazed and confused*
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the front end. this is the back end.

Technically it is still a car. Mainly because it can't be a Batwing, because..err...it doesn't have any.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see.

Well as they say, good things come in small dump tru- I mean packages.

-

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's with the bag thing?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruce Wayne made all that money as a unionized garbageman.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone noticed in the first link, third pic - the sign on the wall... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no idea Judohobo was so small...
Nim
Member # 205

Well maybe it's the car that is big, you ever think of that, Javert?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The car looks like something out of Mad Max.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, much as I admire Christian Bale's ability to move beyond just being That Annoying Kid From Empire Of The Sun, I do wish he could use his facial muscles to produce some other expression than Sucking On a Lemon.

-

"I am sucking on a lemon. I squeezed it with this BatLemonSqueezer."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps