Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » 1st Beast Machines Episode ($$$)

Author Topic: 1st Beast Machines Episode ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank alerted me to the showing of this during BotCon, so I looked around and found a few synopses. Basically, it goes as such:

"Reformatted"

Maximals, stuck in beast mode (original beast modes, not Transmetal or Transmetal II), suddenly find themselves on Cybertron. It's news to them... last thing they remember is that they were in the Autobot shuttle. They're being hunted by hordes of drones (Appearantly Jetstorm and Tankorr are like Cyclonus and Scourge in that while they're individuals, they have a bazillion or so near-clones of themselves).

They escape deep into the bowels of Cybertron, where they meet someone/something called Oracle, who appearantly comes from the Matrix. Oracle sort of fixes the Maximals, giving them new forms. Some of them still appearantly have a little trouble transforming.

Anyway, they beat all the drones, and go into hiding to perfect their new transformations.

Megatron makes a small appearance at the end of the episode. Mr. Jellyfish seems to have no knowledge of the Beast Wars at all, as if he's been on Cybertron (ruling it of all things) the whole time.

Interesting note: No sign of Rhinox or Silverbolt. Nor are they even mentioned. Nor do there seem to be any other Predacons seen besides Megs. Just Vehicons.

My guess as to what's going on: That's what happens when you leave Waspinator in charge of Earth...

In any case, they better have a darned good explanation at some point during the series as to how this fits into the TF timeline. Otherwise, all continuity is shot.

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...does Skybolt only have one clone, and he only appears in one scene, never to show up again? Seriously, I really don't like the idea of these drones...too boring, IMO.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"We spent the entire summer resting up, looking for some vital link missing in the big picture. Bill said he had found it, but in fact he had lost it." - TMBG

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or Jetstorm, at least. Gee, thanks, Mr. Skir...yes, go ahead, change the names of the characters every week...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"We spent the entire summer resting up, looking for some vital link missing in the big picture. Bill said he had found it, but in fact he had lost it." - TMBG

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When does this air?

------------------
Nurse: Can I help you?
Stan: We're here to commit our friend, Kyle.
Nurse: Reason?
Kyle: I'm a clinically depressed fecalpheliac on Prozac.
Nurse: JACKET!!

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saturday mornings this fall on Fox. If you're intent on watching it, however, I recommend catching as much Beast Wars as possible to get aquainted with the characters.

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But don't woory too much avout Scorponok. Or Terrorsaur. Or Depth Charge. Or Airrazor. Or...

------------------
"Time makes all things possible. I can wait.
-Starscream

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like fun.

------------------
Right, cheers, thanks a lot-Patsy Stone "Ab-Fab"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps