Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Inspector Gadget: The Movie ($$$)

Author Topic: Inspector Gadget: The Movie ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a child of the 80's, I was more than interested to hear an Inspector Gadget movie was in the works. I resolved to go see it, even though it was made by Disney (butcher of several great stories).

I saw it earlier today, and I must say it was a great movie. Disney got this one right.

Highlights include:

The Inspector Gadget theme is alive, well, and intact. You just can't have Inspector Gadget without the theme song.

Broderick (as the evil RoboGadget) does a hilarious spoof of Godzilla, which he starred in last year. This alone is worth the price of admission.

The credits. Do not leave the theater until having watched the credits. Two words: Minions Anonymous.

A certain voice actor who portrayed a certain bumbling cybernetic officer during a certain 80's cartoon show does make a cameo. However, its not what you think...

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that they made Gadget less clumsy, and that we're not going to see Penny as much as in the cartoon.
But I'm still looking forward to seeing it

------------------
"Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here,
but I'm freaked out, and I intend to stay that way!"

- Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the dog?! How the heck can you make such a movie without having the dog save the day? And what about the exploding chief? And you're not supposed to see Claw! I'm sorry, but this is like making a Superfriends movie without the two annoying kids and the flying monkey. Er...bad example.

------------------
"We kid around a lot about people who are cyclopses, but seriously; if you're a mythic figure you've got challenges that no one should have to deal with."
--
John Flansburgh

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How could they have an Inspector Gadget movie without Brain inconspicuously following Gadget in street clothes ("Brain, we have to help Uncle Gadget. I'll locate him in my computer book.""Row-Row."), and Gadget talking to him unknowing that it is his dog? I think they should've made him computer-generated. (More like Toy-story than Jar-Jar, though.)

------------------
I'll get you for this Gadget!!!! MEEEEE-ROWWRRRR.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any idea when it's being released? Gadget used to be one of my favourite cartoons when I was a little teeny bopper.

They've started repeating the cartoons over here, but they're on at 9.30am which is a completely inhumane hour of the day, and a time of day which I rarely see. Ah well, I suppose my video recorder will be busy over the next few weeks.

------------------
Do business with us, or we'll ruin you.

Saiyanman Benjita
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's already out, Orion. I'm going to see it this weekend.

------------------
I'll get you for this Gadget!!!! MEEEEE-ROWWRRRR.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's out in the U.S., but Orion is in the U.K...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute, you mean Gadget and evil Gadget are played by two different people??

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Gadget and RoboGadget are both played by Broderick. It's just that the Godzilla parody was done by RoboGadget.

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

Saiyanman Benjita
Member # 122

Well I don't know about the UK, so I don't know when it's coming out.

------------------
Saving the world: $50.
Saving the universe: $1,000,000
Saving your marraige: Sorry, I don't do that.

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AN INSPECTOR GADGET MOVIE?!?!?!?

*LUTMIWCAASH*
[Laughs Until The Men In White Coats Arrive And Sedate Him]

I haven't heard a whisper of this on our side of the Pond. I watched them all as a young cloud of gas, and now our all-Irish station TnaG is broadcasting them, but dubbed into Irish. (You should hear it, it's ridiculous). This should be intriuging.

------------------
Nice place to live now son
Where ya gonna run?
Understand where we're coming from;
Put down the gun.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I am from this side of the pond that is the UK. We always get the movies late which is always just a teensy bit annoying *has to be restricted before he does any damage*

Anyway, GA: You really haven't heard anything about a Gadget movie? I'm surprised because it's been mentioned a lot on TV. Never mind, now that you know, the wait begins...

------------------
Do business with us, or we'll ruin you.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Nobody told me Rene Auberjonois was in this movie!! Or else I would've gone to see it earlier!
I do love the soundtrack though. And boy, that Broderick's hot. I guess I have a thing for soft-spoken men.

------------------
"I told you. You're dead. This is the afterlife. And I'm God."
--Q to Picard, "Tapestry".

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps